VT: Ada Wong’s Campaign and Agent Hunt mode in Resident Evil 6

ada

It was confirmed today that Ada Wong, a recurring character within the Resident Evil universe will be getting her own campaign in Resident Evil 6. In order to unlock her campaign, you must first complete Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Jake Muller’s respective campaigns. In the video you can see that her campaign will overlap the other character’s campaigns much like in “Separate Ways” in Resident Evil 4. Her weapons include the Hookshot, an SMG, and the newly introduced Crossbow which can pin enemies to the wall in addition to hurting multiple opponents in a row. As opposed to the co-op focused campaigns, Wong’s can only be played in single-player.

Enjoy the preview:

Also announced is the game mode ‘Agent Hunt.’ Set in the campaign levels, this mode has you and a friend playing as common enemies, like the regular zombie and J’Avo, attempting to kill other players who are playing as the heroes. This online mode is available after completing Leon, Chris, and Jake’s campaign.

Enjoy the preview:

Resident Evil 6 will be released October 2nd, 2012.

Author: Martin Zamora View all posts by
News editor for Games Thirst. I'm a PC and Xbox lover that's been playing games since I was four. I'm excited to be here! Check out my beta giveaway webpage for chances at various betas on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3: https://twitter.com/#!/Beta_Beast

10 Comments on "VT: Ada Wong’s Campaign and Agent Hunt mode in Resident Evil 6"

1. Mezzo August 1, 2012 at 10:14 pm -

I’ll buy this game, but i am not happy about the direction they’ve taken with Resident Evil.

2. Martin Zamora August 1, 2012 at 11:29 pm -

@Mezzo Why? Is it because it’s more action oriented now?

3. Mezzo August 2, 2012 at 12:26 am -

@Martin: Yes exactly that bro, i have been playing this game since i was 10, i grew up loving each and every Resident Evil game for it’s Horror, Puzzles & Unique Gameplay, but sadly it’s all gone now.
    —————
    The direction that they’ve taken after the huge success of Resident Evil 4 is a slap in the face.
    —————
    I died a little inside when during an interview, 1 of the RE6 developer said “We’re Going After The COD Crowd”. WTF!!!

4. Martin Zamora August 2, 2012 at 1:25 am -

@Mezzo Haha, I figured. A lot of people who played the originals say the same. Honestly, the first Resident Evil game I played was 5, and I loved it. Because of that, I bought Resident Evil 4 on Xbox Arcade and I loved it as well. Since I never played Resident Evil 1-3, I don’t really mind the more action focused direction it has taken since that was what I was introduced to. I’m personally excited for the game and will buy it first day. I wish Capcom would release a remake of the originals so I could see exactly what you mean.

As for that COD comment, that makes me feel – uncomfortable lol, anytime a developer says something like that I feel uneasy.

5. Christos Chatzisavvas August 2, 2012 at 3:03 am -

Well, I don’t mind them going after the CoD crowd. For one, I’m in the CoD crowd, since I buy the game, right? But I don’t play for too long anymore, as I did up to MW. So, in a way, he’s perfectly fine saying that, since I know I’m not the only one in those tens of millions who buy the game that just play for some months and then just on occasions, but play a ton of other interesting games in the meanwhile.

6. Martin Zamora August 2, 2012 at 3:31 am -

@Christos That makes sense, I just mean that when it comes to COD I would prefer the developers to not make it exactly like Call of Duty, inspiration is fine, but if I want COD I would buy it. As for Resident Evil 6, even if they may be aiming for that crowd I hope they mean it in just an action sense, and not mechanics. What interesting games have you played as of late? I’m currently swamped with Torchlight and S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

7. Christos Chatzisavvas August 2, 2012 at 3:50 am -

2 campaigns are more action oriented, and 2 are more oldschool horror. I think Capcom delivers to everyone with this.

8. nick August 2, 2012 at 5:28 am -

no they dont.
    taking doody and putting it in a mansion does not make it survival horror!
    thats whats pissing the fans off even more, crapcom are like EA they say one thing than do the complete opposite!
    the demo was the final nail in the coffin for this POS!
    what pisses me off even more is that crapcom say yea we know this is going to blow back in our face.
    like the DMC debacle.
    so why do they keep doing it?
    is it that they think if they keep flogging us for long enough will start enjoying it?
    either that, or the company WANTS to go bankrupt!

9. Christos Chatzisavvas August 2, 2012 at 6:30 am -

That’s completely subjective and dependant on your POV, Nick. I thought that Leon’s campaign from the demo was atmospheric and scary at times, while also going hand-to-hand with the modern games.

10. nick August 2, 2012 at 10:26 am -

its not scary, you barely fight any enemies!
    not to mention theres no frights, i mean that part where the eary music starts than you enter the kitchen and a pot falls off the shelf.
    i mean come on this is not 1926!
    its allot like dead space.
    atmospheric, creepy, but not scary.
    bioshock 2 was more scary!