Battlefield 3 Premium Now Has 1.3 Million Subscribers

Battlefield 3 Gulf Of Oman

Yes indeed, 1.3 million of you have opted to give EA and DICE a lot of your money because you believe Battlefield 3 Premium is just that good.

The news was divulged in EA’s Q1 earnings.

Battlefield 3 Premium allows players to gain early access to downloads tied to Battlefield 3, including map packs Close Quarters, released last month, September’s Armored Kill pack and Aftermath in December. The last map pack dubbed End Game will be out next year, leading up to Battlefield 4′s release.

It was just two weeks after EA launched BF3 Premium, the publisher announced over 800,000 gamers had already subscribed to the paid service. “We are very pleased with the performance so far,” said EA Games President Patrick Soderlund in a June.

As for if EA will follow a similar model with its other titles, Soderlund couldn’t speak on the situation, but said “It certainly looks very promising right now.”

12 Comments on "Battlefield 3 Premium Now Has 1.3 Million Subscribers"

1. Christos Chatzisavvas August 1, 2012 at 6:57 am -

That’s interesting and unexpected! Over 1 out of 5 people who bought the game have Premium (since the game has reportedly sold well over 5 million copies), and it’s not long after its release! It’s a good deal, I’m on the fence about buying it too.

2. Ernice Gilbert August 1, 2012 at 7:02 am -

I’m on the fence. And on sales, EA said it sold upwards 15 million units.

3. Ernice Gilbert August 1, 2012 at 7:03 am -
  4. Christos Chatzisavvas August 1, 2012 at 7:05 am -

I’m not playing all the time, but I do play a lot. Not sure in what category I fall under, in the half that play it or the other half that don’t.

5. Ernice Gilbert August 1, 2012 at 7:07 am -

I fall in the play all the time category. I play that game too much! Yet I’ve yet to purchase premium… I think it’s good value, I’m just not sure I want to spend so much money on something I’ll neglect once Black Ops 2 and MOH: Warfighter roll in.

6. Christos Chatzisavvas August 1, 2012 at 7:59 am -

Same, it’s the cost of one game, and my to-buy list is over 800€ at this time. So yeah, I think it’s not a priority.

7. rpatricky August 1, 2012 at 9:01 am -

Yeah. It all came down to enjoyment of the game for me. I really have a good time so I bought into the premium sub. On the other hand, with MW3, I didn’t enjoy the game like the precious releases and so I did not. The BF3 close quarters maps are all great. It will be somethin to see how much I feel like getting my lazy ass up to switch discs, between MOH and BF3, once MOH drops.

8. foxton August 1, 2012 at 9:25 am -

i didnt buy the premium but bought the close quartes DLC. I have to say i enjoyed it a lot at first but my interests for this game have wavered, and ill be lucky if i now play this once a week, so in a way im glad i didnt buy premium as i cant see myself getting my moneys worth. £45! thats more than i paid for the game itself! its a joke

9. CaribbeanCLANK August 1, 2012 at 10:22 am -

Battlefield 3 is the best online FPS on the market in my opinion and I playit A LOT. So Premium was a no-brainer for me. Well worth it for me as I play the game a lot.

10. Wolf1888 August 1, 2012 at 6:59 pm -

Same here. Not buying Premium just wasn’t an option for me. I play that game all the time, and plan on buying all the map packs. This premium package is great value, and that’s why I bought it as soon as it came out.

11. Martin Zamora August 1, 2012 at 9:22 pm -

It seems like a good number of you guys bought the premium service, it must be an excellent deal if you play BF 3 a lot. I personally play the game occasionally on my computer, but the amount I’ve played has definitely wavered the longer it’s been out so buying the premium service would be a waste. Ah well, Planetside 2 beta will be coming soon.

12. Mezzo August 1, 2012 at 10:20 pm -

I really regret buying this, coz i am almost losing interest in the game, i am all ready to move onto BO2, MOH & ACIII.