Weekend Quencher 12/15/12 – Gamers Heaven, Edition

gamers_heaven

Yet another weekend has arrived, friends, giving us more time (hopefully) to get some gaming sessions in. What will you be playing?

I don’t know, but since there’s a Black Ops 2 double XP thing going on, I’ll most likely be in there. I’ll also play LittleBigPlanet with my wife, as we’ve erased all our save files and have started from scratch as we try to reach the end, one more time. Lots of fun playing with that girl.

What are you guys up to? It’s also a really sad time in the U.S. after this happened. Please, even as you’re in Gamers Heaven, keep the families who lost loved ones in your thoughts and prayers this weekend.

Have a blessed one.

10 Comments on "Weekend Quencher 12/15/12 – Gamers Heaven, Edition"

1. afrotravis December 15, 2012 at 2:01 pm -

on vacation.. enjoying my ps vita.. games.. going to start uncharted 3 in crushing difficulty and see how far tht takes me.. without spiderwebbing my screen… if u are to pray for me… i would rather u pray for the screen thanks in advance ..

2. Ernice Gilbert December 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm -

@Afrotrav: Haha! Love that last line! I’ll say a prayer for the screen indeed!

3. Mezzo December 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm -

I have so many games to play, i always feared the day when i would have no Time for games, that day is here SADLY.
    —————————–
    Look at this: http://tinyurl.com/bp4s5xq

So many games to play & No Time, i’ll probably try to make some time and continue my ACIII quest & wil try to catch Maestro during Black Ops II, hopefully it’ll let us play this time.

4. Ernice Gilbert December 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm -

@Mezzo: I’m ready!

5. Ghost250 December 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm -

well since ive beatin all my games, im just trophy hunting to pass the time until new games i want start coming out

6. Ernice Gilbert December 16, 2012 at 3:41 am -

Trophy hunting. Hmm, I must try that in the future. I’ve never been a trophy buff.

7. nick December 16, 2012 at 7:39 am -

biting the bullet and going back to zombiu.
    its so funny the infuriating, frustrating, cheap, dirty players are always the ones you go back too!
    im just a sucker for the old ways, and zombiu is VERY old school!
    also got epic mickey 2 interested to see what thats like.
    just got back from watching skyfall, was a bit disappointed with that.
    it was a really confused movie its like they did not know what they wanted to do with it.
    its actually allot like the new game, 007 legends.
    its like they sat down and looked back over the 50 years of bond films and tried to have each and every piece of each of the movies in there.
    you cant have 50 years of history in 1 film, it just does not fit!
    you finally started enjoying something and getting into the grove, then it changed. and again, and again, and a bloody gain!
    just pick 1 theme and stick to it!
    the story was not the best either, nor was the villain.
    007 is infamous for its bad guys, everyone knows and remembers them!
    but this, was disappointing.
    instead of having a bad to the bone guy they have almost a good guy, you get into his story, his background and you start to feel sorry for him.
    he almost takes the main character over bond!
    its just not right!
    i can forgive and understand the lack of gadgets. what were you expecting, a exploding pen?
    we dont do that anymore.
    i can understand, and appreciate them going back to the old days, fewer gadgets, fewer action set pieces.
    but the thing that has always been present in force in bond films is the car chases, bonds charm and addiction to booze and gambling, and the strong hate able villain.
    it really has nothing akin to the bond franchise which is so sad.

8. nick December 16, 2012 at 7:43 am -

certainly not the way i wanted to be celebrating its 50th anniversary!
    im glad they tried to go back to its roots instead of doing another mindless action flick, but they forgot what made the old films so great.
    they were not mindless shooter michael bay films, but they had so much more in the characters, story, locations, charm.
    this has neither.
    it dident have the big bang action of the current series, nor did it have the sophistication and charm of the old school movies.
    its sad how this year so many big franchises have fallen flat on their face!
    the dark night rises for instance, i enjoyed that allot more than skyfall at least that had a great story, and a great bad guy.
    but even the story and bad guy pale to the previous movies with the joker.
    so disappointing how everything this year really has not held up to its previous ancestors.
    be it Hollywood, or games.

9. Ernice Gilbert December 16, 2012 at 8:26 am -

I hated Skyfall. I slept from halfway, and woke up at the end. It was, like you said, very confusing.
    I was to check out Hobbit soon. Is it any good? I heard it’s awesome.

10. nick December 16, 2012 at 10:15 am -

havent seen it yet its not out till boxing day.
    ive heard really bad reviews for it.
    im not really that interested in it, might watch it when it comes out on DVD.
    im looking forward to the next tom cruise movie though, thats been getting really good reviews.
    got into the GOWA beta last night looks so cool!
    shame hades is locked for now i was really excited to see what powers he gives you.
    they need to work on the block timing though its really hard to get the timing right especially because the games so fast paced.