4 new Battle Royale characters revealed

battle-royale-gamescom-reveals

Ratchet & Clank from the titular franchise, Dante from the DMC reboot, Spike from Ape Escape and Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet join the fray. Earlier, in a leak, all four of these characters were revealed, but now they’re official, increasing the number of characters in the game to 16, with more surely on the way. That same leak also suggested that Stowaway, a stage based on Uncharted 3, would also appear, and it indeed appears. Could that suggest that more information out of the leak is true?

Also, to further ignite your excitement, Sony said that buying a copy of the game on one platform (PS3 or Vita) nets you another, free one for the other!

Still not excited? Quench the announcement trailer below!

Author: Christos Chatzisavvas View all posts by
Gaming lover, web developing graduate, founder and developer at Starblind Entertainment. Keep your eye out for news, reviews, previews and opinion articles, as well as game projects. Follow me on Twitter @CrashOkami.

7 Comments on "4 new Battle Royale characters revealed"

1. Martin Zamora August 15, 2012 at 1:29 am -

@Christos, you did an awesome job today posting up news and keeping up with the info, and your live blogging of the event was a great idea. Just wanted to tell ya.

As for the article yay, I’m glad to see Ratchet is officially in, now all I want is Crash.

2. nick August 15, 2012 at 6:32 am -

sweet, ratchets back!
    now all they need to announce is sir daniel, spike, snake, logan, gex, spyro and crash.

3. nick August 15, 2012 at 6:34 am -

oops, scratch spike.
    ;)
    wow, shocked hes actually in it maybe this means a new ape escape is not far off!
    well they did announce a new ape escape at E3 2010 along with that crappy move mini game, so maybe at TGS will finally see some gameplay!
    oh come on $ony, please, we NEED a new ape escape game!!!!!!!!!!!
    one of the VERY few playstation franchises still exclusive to the system from its creation!

4. Christos Chatzisavvas August 15, 2012 at 6:57 am -

@Martin, thanks man, worked my ass off there but was worth it! Both conferences interested me a lot!
    Give me Crash, and I’ll get my copy of the game inside my coffin.

5. Ernice Gilbert August 15, 2012 at 7:12 am -

“Give me Crash, and I’ll get my copy of the game inside my coffin.” – Quote of the week? LOL!
    But seriously, awesome, fantastic job on the conferences yesterday, bro!

6. Christos Chatzisavvas August 15, 2012 at 7:15 am -

Haha yes Crash is tied with my, and millions of others, childhood, it would be a crime if Activision didn’t allow him to be back through that. They said they were looking for a way to make him relevant again, what better way than that? Plus they’ll get to be liked a bit more by people if they allow this.
    And thanks a lot! Gotta see today’s conference list though and plan on how we should handle them.

7. Ernice Gilbert August 15, 2012 at 7:16 am -

Yeah, Crash is indeed legend. Yeah, let’s get online.