Playstation Plus new information, and Cross-Buy promotion

playstation-plus

Sony talked about their Playstation Plus service during their GamesCom conference, and revealed very interesting information on their future plans with it.

First off, the cloud storage is increasing considerably, from 150MB to 1GB.  Then, we have the news that Playstation Plus will be 25% cheaper for new European subscribers who haven’t subscribed to the service before. The service will also eventually become available for the Vita, meaning it will get new Vita deals, and at a much higher rate.

Existing Plus members will be happy with this one. September’s free game of the month will be that cowboy, open world, gritty game starring some Marston guy – it’s none other than Red Dead Redemption!

Last, but not least, a neat promotion that will save you a lot of money. Sony announced Cross-Buy, which means, buy the game for either the Vita or the Playstation 3, and get it on both for no additional cost. So far, the titles known to be available for Cross-Buy are: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sly 4: Thieves in Time and Ratchet & Clank: Q Force.

Author: Christos Chatzisavvas View all posts by
Gaming lover, web developing graduate, founder and developer at Starblind Entertainment. Keep your eye out for news, reviews, previews and opinion articles, as well as game projects. Follow me on Twitter @CrashOkami.

9 Comments on "Playstation Plus new information, and Cross-Buy promotion"

1. nick August 15, 2012 at 6:29 am -

so disappointed sly 4 got delayed that was looking so freaking sweet!

sigh, i guess no exclusive ps3 games for me this year.
    bout freaking time plus made its way over to the vita!
    its ridiculous its taken so long, it should of been out months ago!
    exactly why $ony has suffered so much this gen, everythings been SO late!
    ps3 dident drop to a reasonable price till really late.
    must have exclusives did not release till really late!
    PSN did not become competitive till really late!
    and now with the vita, and all its really late services!
    albeit not as late as ps3, but still late.

2. Ernice Gilbert August 15, 2012 at 7:51 am -

That cross-buy thing between PS3 and Vita is a good move.

3. Christos Chatzisavvas August 15, 2012 at 8:05 am -

It’s a GREAT move, though I need details. I pre-ordered it long ago from a Greek retailer, but of course, there was no word about it back then. I suppose there will be a voucher in the retail games for the Vita version and vice versa?

4. Ernice Gilbert August 15, 2012 at 8:44 am -

They said it’s only if you purchase the PS3 game, not the other way around.

5. nick August 15, 2012 at 9:05 am -

if you buy it digitally assume it works the same way they have worked before, motorstorm RC and a few other games have had this offer.
    buy one and the other is automatically unlocked on the store for you to download.
    retail yea probably a code or something.

6. Christos Chatzisavvas August 15, 2012 at 9:33 am -

That’s awesome, must have overlooked that fact. I’m reaaally pumped for this! I was going to buy Battle Royale on both anyway, but this is a sweet deal!

7. TheGrimOfDeath August 15, 2012 at 11:24 am -

So many new games that I want. so little money. Ahh why can’t I get the games I like. :( At this rate I’m going to start gaming less and I might not game anymore.

8. Christos Chatzisavvas August 15, 2012 at 11:41 am -

Just save for what you want the most, I’m working my ass off everywhere, in and out of GT, to amass the money I need – I need a lot until December for games, trust me :P

9. TheGrimOfDeath August 15, 2012 at 3:26 pm -

I just get a 100 SR a month and games here cost 1.5 times more expensive than in US.
    Such as if I buy COD BO2 it’s going to be 250-300 SR(hopefully I don’t have to because of you epic guys! :3), but in the US it’s only $60 which is 225SR converted by standard exchange rates.
    ________________________________________

Ahhh frickin taxes, also people here like to over charge with the import tax included so prices can go up to 350 SR. Once I was going to buy SR3 from a second hand shop and they salesman told me 325! I was like “Are you fucking kidding me?”.