Thirsty Conversations: Tell Us The Games You Own That’ll Never Be Traded

Uncharted talk

Truth be told, there are some games I own that will never see a GameStop trade in. Never. And although I don’t play them as often as before, I just can’t seem to let them go. Are there games in your library you simply can’t let go of? If so, let’s talk.

It’s the official Games Thirst confessions.

42 Comments on "Thirsty Conversations: Tell Us The Games You Own That’ll Never Be Traded"

1. rpatricky March 5, 2012 at 6:47 pm -

All of them. I’m a game hoarder.

2. Joshua Tompkins March 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm -

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3. Gears of War (which I traded in at one point, but bought it back and will never part with it again). Halo 1, 2, and 3 mp disc (I did trade in the Halo 3 disc because I just wanted mp that came with odst). Infamous 2.

3. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 6:54 pm -

@Patrick: Seriously? Not one of em? I’m just like you, by the way. I’m still holding on to Enslaved O_0

4. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 6:54 pm -

@Josh: All great games. Wouldn’t trade them in either.

5. rpatricky March 5, 2012 at 7:34 pm -

I’ve never traded in a single game I’ve owned. I’ve sold Game systems and the games… Because what good are the games without the system? But never traded any in.

6. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 7:37 pm -

Wow. So you must own about 50 PS3 games? More?

7. smoge March 5, 2012 at 7:43 pm -

I’m like rpatricky, never traded in a game. Only brought a traded in game twice.

8. Ghost250 March 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm -

i own multiple n64, gamecube, ps1, ps2 ,ps3 games. oh and 1 xbox 360 game lol

9. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm -

@Smoge: This is a very telling TQ thread. LOL! You guys can’t let go of stuff! Haha.

10. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 7:49 pm -

@Ghost: My God. Dude. SMH. LOL! You own a N64? Still? You guys are the best.

11. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 7:51 pm -

Okay, okay. I own a SNES and have MK3 (ultimate), Killer Instinct! Of course! Donkey Kong Country! Rocket Knight Adventures… I think. Yeah, I guess I”m just as bad.

For PS3: Hmm, too numerous to mention :D

12. rpatricky March 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm -

@ Ernice- only 22.

13. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 9:26 pm -

That’s still a good amount. And I’m guessing about 3/4 are shooters? I might be wrong…

14. DahnStar March 5, 2012 at 9:34 pm -

Batman Arkham City

15. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 9:37 pm -

That’s a good choice, Dahn. Good choice indeed.

16. Ernice Gilbert March 5, 2012 at 9:38 pm -

It’d be extremely hard for me to part ways with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots, and Uncharted 2.. I could part with Uncharted 3, however.

17. newyearnewrule March 5, 2012 at 9:50 pm -

Assassin’s Creed. God of War 3.

18. linglingjr March 5, 2012 at 11:49 pm -

The only game would be WaW on PC only because of custom zombies. That’s the absolute only reason that game came out how long ago yet there are still custom maps being made for it. And I still don’t have the new PC running… stupid power/reset switch.

19. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 2:50 am -

Ah, I thought you’d be gaming by now, bro. And Killzone 3 is also a game I’ll never, ever trade.

20. narwall14 March 6, 2012 at 4:42 am -

i get all my games from TPB so

21. nick March 6, 2012 at 4:57 am -

only the old classics that i know id never get back, like the NES games.
    everything else ive either sold or traded in, no point keeping things im not going to use.
    im lucky too theres allot of cheap asian shops near me so its really easy to find old games.
    gametraders for instance is a store that specialises in selling N64 and ps1 games.
    dunno HTF they have not gone bankrupt yet, but it certainly comes in handy!

22. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 6:23 am -

@Narwall: What’s TPB?

23. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 6:24 am -

Nick, you wouldn’t be able to keep all those games….You play almost every game that comes out.

24. foxton March 6, 2012 at 6:58 am -

Killzone 2, will never be traded in, at one point i even had 2 copies of it lol. Also Buzz as its always a good entertainer when i got a few guests round, and gutar hero will never be traded either. I was like some of the people here and didnt trade but with the prices of new games and todays climate there is no point keeping games you dont play when you can get value from them, obviously the quicker you trade them the more value you get for it too. I have even made profits by doing this! Bought Resistance 3 for £15 at grainger games, completed it in a week and traded it in at ASDA for £17!!

25. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 7:08 am -

“Bought Resistance 3 for £15 at grainger games, completed it in a week and traded it in at ASDA for £17!!”You’re a true bargain hunter, bro. Love it!

Also, I sold Killzone 2 along with my old PS3 :( I want it back!

And you got be last night! Payback incoming! :D There were so many of us playing yesterday: Mezzo, LilKaneUK, PantzBoy, Vassily, then you jumped in….it was madness.

But back on topic: I don’t think I’ll ever sell LittleBigPlanet….My wife won’t be pleased.

26. foxton March 6, 2012 at 9:17 am -

ha yeah i shouldof cleaned Grainger out of R3′s and walked accross to ASDA and walked out in profit!!
    Ha yeah it was a pretty crazy game last night, i joined n we were on same team, then next time i looked you and el_barone were shooting at me!!
    You can pick up kz2 for £5 2nd hand round here, im sure you’ll b able to get it similar across the pond :)

27. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 9:26 am -

Yes indeed, I think I can. I’ll go hunting. Yep, yesterday was crazy. Mezzo and I came back. He’s also getting KZ3 (again, he had it before), so we can have at it.

You should have done that indeed. Make some money!

But yeah, it was fun.

28. nick March 6, 2012 at 10:08 am -

thats exactly how, otherwise it gets too expensive!

29. foxton March 6, 2012 at 11:23 am -

reckon ill download KZ3 tonight, might give it another go….

30. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 11:30 am -

Do it, man. Let’s get on there! :D

31. benzo March 6, 2012 at 12:26 pm -

I will not trade in Demon’s Souls. That game is a classic and have a forever place on my game shelf!!!

32. narwall14 March 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm -

tpb aka thepiratebay

33. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 5:41 pm -

@Benzo: Yeah, that’s a game that should remain in one’s library till Kingdom come.

34. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 5:41 pm -

@Narwall14: Support the industry, sir! :D

35. smoge March 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm -

This is a Thirsty Conversation. 34 comments and counting!

36. Wolf1888 March 6, 2012 at 8:43 pm -

I’ll always have my Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

But I actually never trade any game, I keep them all, even if they are boring and worthless. I like to look at my nice little collection of games and feel a little dose of nostalgia with the old dusty ones.

37. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 9:14 pm -

@Wolf1833: I know how you feel. I too love a good collection. Sometimes, though, you have to do a few trade ins. But I know the exact feeling, Wolf1888.

Also, I take it MGS4 is one of your favorite titles?

38. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm -

@Smoge: This is a thirsty conversation, 37 comments and counting! :D

39. afrotravis March 6, 2012 at 10:47 pm -

i never sell my games…. even though i ran out space… i will use the space under my bad… thanks to bed raisers…

40. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 10:57 pm -

@Afrotrav: Wow. You must have tons of games by now. How long have you been collecting?

41. afrotravis March 6, 2012 at 11:13 pm -

since game cube n ps2 era… i loose some when some so called friends borrow them n never return them or damage them….

42. Ernice Gilbert March 6, 2012 at 11:15 pm -

Wow. That’s a classic collection there. Classic! I still have some SNES games! :D