E3 2011 Registration Now Open

by Ernice Gilbert on January 10th, 2011, under E3, Hot, News

So soon? We’re barely into 2011 but already the industry’s looking towards E3. I can’t wait.

If you’re part of media, or just a regular gamer who’s looking to see first hand the industry’s finest, register right here. There’s also an exhibitor list available.

You can expect many big announcements from the big three. How about PSP2 from Sony, Wii2 from Nintendo and some big surprise from MS? I’m all yes. Also, games like Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 will have massive E3 showings I’m sure. GTA V anyone? Rockstar would steal the show with said announcement.

Whatever happens, I’m certain it’ll be massive.

E3 2011 takes place in the Los Angeles Convention Center commencing on June 7th and running through the 9th.

1. Mon, 10th Jan 2011 at 12:24 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but the event is not open to the general public (regular gamer) is it? I thought you had to provide industry credentials. I could be wrong though.

2. Mon, 10th Jan 2011 at 1:24 pm

@game eq fun
    When E3 first started it was open to the public and then they closed it to only industry people, but last year they reopened it to the public again and it is going to stay that way.

3. Mon, 10th Jan 2011 at 2:48 pm

Thanks, Josh.

4. Mon, 10th Jan 2011 at 3:09 pm

Yeah, there was a big outrage over the fact that they stopped letting the public in, since one of the main reasons it started was because of the gamers.

5. Mon, 10th Jan 2011 at 3:12 pm

Yes, and it’s been better when they allow gamers. In fact, they realized they made a big mistake by locking their base out of the most important game show on earth.

6. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 2:30 am

i wish i could go!
    i hope wardevil turns up this year, if it does not have a public showing than its officially vaporware!
    they showed it off at last years E3 but behind closed doors, and the people who saw it were forced to sign NDAs.
    shame, i was really looking for the first console action game that runs at full HD 60FPS!

7. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 5:49 am

“I wish I could go!”

Hey, you never know….

8. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 12:23 pm

Ok, I am confused (which is nothing new, heh). This page says that I need industry credentials and that the expo is not open to the public: https://register.rcsreg.com/r2/e3expo2011/ga/top.html
    Am I missing something? (which is often the case, sadly)

9. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 2:00 pm

I checked some things out and found that it is no longer open to the public. I guess they decided to close off again. Thanks for noticing those things.

10. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 2:12 pm

Thanks Game eq fun… As Joshua said, thanks for taking the time out to notice those things.

11. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 4:04 pm

NP, I am just bummed because my brother in law and I were thinking about going this year. Oh well, life goes on!

12. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 4:54 pm

They really need to open it back up to the gamers. I know that they need to sell this stuff to the investors, but at the same time we are the ones who make them money. We are the ones who buy the games. We should have priority. They should at least open the main floor where all of the booths are for the public. The conferences can stay closed to the media.

13. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 6:11 pm

If we’re going, ( I think we are), you guys can come with Games Thirst’s pass… Let me know if you are interested.

14. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 7:53 pm

I would love to go to E3. It would be awesome, but doubt I could go.

15. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 8:04 pm

Why do you doubt you could go? You work for a site, all we have to do now is plan early, and we’ll be there.

16. Tue, 11th Jan 2011 at 8:24 pm

There are a few reasons. First, it depends on how my dad is doing. I am not sure if I will need to stay home or not. Also, I am trying to graduate quickly, so I will be taking summer classes. Right now, I do not think I will be able to go.

17. Wed, 12th Jan 2011 at 8:29 am

i think there closing it to the public because they want to show some early stuff.
    i cant understand why developers are so secretive about these things, they will show it off to game journalists but when it comes to the fans there tight lipped!
    like the demos on the show floor, if there ready for thousands to play than surely there ready to go on the PSN.
    ok there in the early stage of development, but thats the whole point of demos no?
    to test your game, and what better way to test your code than let millions play it?

18. Wed, 12th Jan 2011 at 8:47 am

Sometimes people make too much out of demos. Like you bro : ) you’re not getting LBP2 early because, guess what? You didn’t like the demo!