How Would You Like To Ride Bikes In GT5? It Might Happen Via DLC

by Ernice Gilbert on October 20th, 2010, under News, Polyphony Digital, Sony

We know, delays are terrible, but one must admit that with every passing moment, the long anticipated Gran Turismo 5 keeps on getting better. How would you like to have bikes as part of your arsenal in the racing sim? Yaumauchi’s hinting at the possibility through DLC.

“We would consider” if the demand is there, he told PSM3 (via CVG).

“The environment we have right now allows us to drive motorcycles, but we need to get Gran Turismo 5 done first,” he continued.

Adding: “Once that’s out of the way, if there’s a strong demand for bikes, that’s something we’d consider.”

Bikes is nothing new to Polyphony Digital, the developer’s made a game called Tourist Trophy for the PS2.

Here’s to hoping this comes to pass.

1. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 11:19 am

Well as you can see by my avatar, I love motorcycle racing, and I am a bit iffy on this. I have played many motorcycle racing games and they just have trouble getting it right. Now I have played a few that have done a really good job, but I am not sure about them being in GT5. I think it would be cool, and if anyone can pull it off, it is them.

2. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 11:20 am

Yeah, me too. I’m iffy about it, but like you said, PD can pull this off.

3. Thu, 21st Oct 2010 at 2:58 am

MORE!?
    please lord no, just release the god dam thing already!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    release, than you can do whatever you want, you can change the cars to pink ponies for all i care, just release the thing first!!!!!!

4. Thu, 21st Oct 2010 at 4:23 am

“you can change the cars to pink ponies for all i care, just release the thing first!!!!!!” LOL

5. Thu, 21st Oct 2010 at 9:06 am

they have added too much stuff.
    they should of left out the carts, weather effects, night and day cycles, NASCAR, rally for another game.
    they should of just released the traditional GT game with 1000 cars, and released it in 07.
    sony really needed this to flock people over to the ps3, so they would of been better off doing GT5 as a small update so it releases early.
    than do GT6 as the huge leap forward GT5 is.
    dont get me wrong, its great to see them putting all this into the game, its great to see a developer trying to push there genre so far.
    but, it was really bad timing.

6. Thu, 21st Oct 2010 at 1:30 pm

Agreed, just RELEASE the game, eh PD?