Thirsty Conversations: What Achievement/Trophy Are You Most Proud Of?

AchievementUnlocked12_2009

Achievements and Trophies are one of my favorite additions to the current gaming generation, although it seems like such a miniscule feature it definitely has added more replay value to many of the games I’ve played. Aside from adding replay value, achievements can also be a testament to a player’s skill and patience. So I’m curious, what achievement or trophy are you most proud of Games Thirst community? Tell us here: The Official Games Thirst Trophy Case.

As for me, it would have to be attaining Aperture Science (earning gold medals on all Portal challenges) on The Orange Box for the Xbox 360 without the use of cheats. I still remember the amount of joy and relief I felt after finally hearing the achievement notification.

Author: Martin Zamora View all posts by
News editor for Games Thirst. I'm a PC and Xbox lover that's been playing games since I was four. I'm excited to be here! Check out my beta giveaway webpage for chances at various betas on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3: https://twitter.com/#!/Beta_Beast

16 Comments on "Thirsty Conversations: What Achievement/Trophy Are You Most Proud Of?"

1. Ghost250 August 22, 2012 at 5:40 am -

Resident Evil 5 – Lead Aspirin: Defeat a majini with a headshot while its jumping.

the hardest trophy i’ve ever tried to get….. EVER!!

2. Martin Zamora August 22, 2012 at 5:42 am -

@Ghost250 Haha, I remember how hard it was getting that xD. How long did it take you to get it?

3. Ghost250 August 22, 2012 at 5:45 am -

Days lol

4. Ernice Gilbert August 22, 2012 at 6:20 am -

I was a coveted Killzone 3 multiplayer trophy that’s darn difficult to get, but I did :D

5. foxton August 22, 2012 at 7:17 am -

im a bit of a trophy whore so theres loads that are memorable,
    probably the Killzone Valour trophy, reach top 1% in online, simply because you had to be hardcore and awesome to make the top 1% in any given week.
    Also most of my platinums, The FIFA 12 platinum was quite a memorable one. Im fast approaching 2000 trophies obtained so theres far too many to mention, I can remember quitting and resatering hundreds upone hundreds of times for certain trophies tho!!

6. Ernice Gilbert August 22, 2012 at 7:25 am -

@Foxton: Wow, that’s something else, restarting to obtain certain trophies.. Also buddy, you don’t game on your Foxton account any longer? Cause someone’s always on there playing Tiger Woods Golf?
    And on Killzone, trying to make me feel bad, eh? How about we go at a round of Killzone 2…. I’ll beat you on your own turf. :D

7. TheGrimOfDeath August 22, 2012 at 9:12 am -

BattleField 3 Platinum, that was really hard for me, but I suppose it isn’t hard for anyone else since they have harder games. :D
    If anyone wants to add me on PSN here is my ID: TheGrimOfDeath, also put a note saying you are from gamersthirst. :) Still sad from Sony Liverpools closure.

8. foxton August 22, 2012 at 10:37 am -

@ Ernice, nah im on my tezzies account every night! i play tiger woods from time to time, maybe its just coincidence that i play that when your online! Unlless my bro is playing on my account whilst im at work?!! im not online now am i? lol
    im currently playing Motorstorm apocalypse, am absolutely loving the MP on it! Im going through a phase of buying what evers cheap at asda at the moment and has relatively easy trophies.
    ANd as for KZ2 yeah that sounds like a plan! i only play pistol only matches though, but i reckon i could diverge into full weap[on games, still vast majority of my freinds list play KZ2, its crazy!

9. foxton August 22, 2012 at 10:40 am -

@grim ill add ya if i remember, or you can add me, or anyone else can for that matter, it would be good to have a few more of my Gamesthirst pals to game with :)
    Id is tezzies

10. Ernice Gilbert August 22, 2012 at 10:54 am -

Okay we’ll set it up! I’ll inbox you on PSN… also, I think your brother plays on your account sometimes :D

11. Joshua Tompkins August 22, 2012 at 12:52 pm -

I am adding you guys on PSN. In regards to the aticle, my favorite trophy/achievement is from Halo 3 and there are 2 of them. I am super obsessed with the sticky grenade and I practice a lot with it, so when I got the 5 stick kill achievement in one ranked match on Halo, I was excited. Since then, I began to average 7 stick kills a game. The most I have ever had in a game was 27 during a big team battle. The other achievement comes from Halo 3 as well and it is killing someone with a mongoose. It was a hard trophy but super fun when I got it.

12. Martin Zamora August 23, 2012 at 5:28 am -

@Foxton Dang, you must be pretty amazing to get that trophy in Killzone! You and Gilbert should tell us how your Killzone match goes ;) .

@Joshua Nice job with the stickies, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten 27 kills with them in one match. What’s your gamertag?

13. nick August 23, 2012 at 7:28 am -

either the one from GOW3 for finishing the game on highest difficulty, or the one again from GOW3 for not getting hit once in the labarynth.
    probably the latter fudge me that was freaking hard!

14. Ernice Gilbert August 23, 2012 at 11:17 am -

Nick, you went through there unscathed? Awesome.

15. SHADOWBOXER August 23, 2012 at 4:06 pm -

One i remembered the most was the Seriously Achievement in Gears of war, or the mile high club in modern warfare.

16. nick August 24, 2012 at 9:45 am -

yup, took me weeks to get it!