The global war is now in full throttle.
According to EA, citing its internal estimates, Battlefield 3 has sold 5 million copies in its first week on the market.
Some interesting stats were also released:
– 2.5 Million Facebook “likes” with hundreds of thousands of fans actively engaged
– Over 200K followers on TwitterÂ®
– Battlefield 3 fans executed 73M savior kills, 48M revives and destroyed 67M vehicles
– Battlefield 3 now has more than 2.5 Million “likes” on FacebookÂ®.
- The outstanding retail performance is driven by critic’s reviews averaging above 85 on console and above 90 on PC.
“From Tokyo to Los Angeles, Sydney to London, millions of fans have been playing all weekend long â€” we are overwhelmed by the global response to Battlefield 3,” said Patrick Soderlund, EVP of the EA.
Adding: “It is extremely gratifying to deliver an entertainment experience that delights our fans, and to have the opportunity to introduce new people to the franchise. Already, we are seeing unprecedented play times and online activity which is very rewarding. This launch solidifies Battlefield as a leading entertainment brand.”
The Battlefield franchise has now sold over 50 million life-to-date units, beginning with the first release being in 2002: Battlefield 1942.