Video Thirst: New Resistance 3 Assets Released, Gameplay Vid Shows Battle In A Boat

by Ernice Gilbert on April 13th, 2011, under Hot, News, PS3, Sony

Resistance 3 is steady making its way onto the PlayStation 3 later this year, and as momentum builds, so does the release of new screenshots and gameplay vids. Find both below the break

Video Thirst: It’s Back!

You’ve been waiting over two years for this, and now, come later this year, the game will release exclusively on PlayStation 3.

Quench this:

We’ve also got some new screens for you, quench them too:

1up previewed the game, and according to them, there are 11 things in Resistance 3 that weren’t in the series before. They are: Lots of civilians, an unscripted A.I., down time, simplicity, invisible snipers, multiple paths through a level, weather, more detailed storytelling, shield drones, killstreaks, and two ways to play instead of three.

1. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 10:08 pm

hey everyone… i know this is unrelated…. to this Post.. but if u login in to ps EU stores… GTA vice city stories is FREE… just go to franchises…. idk if its for psp o for ps3…. i am gettin it…. i will figure out later

2. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 10:36 pm

whoa. Checking it out now! Thanks, bro!

3. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 10:45 pm

Internet’s still down! Darn it!

4. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 10:45 pm

I mean PSN!

5. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 10:48 pm

how come… ur connection is down.. do u have the slim or the phat ps3

6. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 10:53 pm

It’s PSP.

7. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 10:54 pm

I have a slim. But I have no idea what’s going on. You’ll notice that I haven’t been on for a while…. I’m ringing my provider tomorrow. If nothing happens, then I”ll ring Sony.

8. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 11:00 pm

yeah… 36 hrs( according to Psn).. hope u fix it soon

9. Wed, 13th Apr 2011 at 11:02 pm

Yeah, me too. Thanks.

10. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 4:44 am

36 bucks on this end.
    must of been a error and sony fixed it before too many people took advantage of it.
    back to the topic, i really cant get excited for this.
    everything insomniac has been showing just says meh to me.
    i dunno, maybe its the disappointment of R2 still talking, but i just cant get hyped for this.
    R2 had me so excited, i was like a kid in a candy store i could not wait to get it!
    this, though, im not sure if ill even get it.
    will see, if its coming out within a week before or after RAGE then im definitely not getting it!

11. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 5:54 am

To be honest I’ll have to side with you, Nick. I haven’t seen much to get me excited compared to RE2. Because RE1 was so awesome and RE2 ended being this massive let down. Anyway, let’s hope E3 bring us sometime good, although I doubt it will.

12. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 6:09 am

Every time he said Joseph I sat up to attention.

But yeah, I agree with Nick, nothing special.

13. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 7:00 am

Yeah. I this turns out good. It’s the first PS3 exclusive that got me into the system.

14. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 10:46 am

they set the bar so high with the original, but somehow the sequel was just really repetitive and boring.
    feel the same about R&C all 4 one too.
    read IGNs preview today, and its less then positive!
    i hope after this, IGN goes back to the style of the other games.
    if there going to leave the series on this note there going to get a few unpleasant presents!
    ACIT was such a good game, i really want another like that!

15. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 12:41 pm

You mean Insomnica, not IGN. Anyway, I hope this turns out good. I really want my Resistance fix.

16. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 12:52 pm

I couldn’t get into the sequel. Stopped playing it almost immediately. The first one was great and I am having high hopes for the 3rd.

17. Thu, 14th Apr 2011 at 12:54 pm

Seems like that’s the overall consensus here. Make it good, Insomniac. Make it great!