Guerrilla Games Can’t Find Score Stealing KZ3 Bug

by Ernice Gilbert on March 23rd, 2011, under Hot, News, PS3, Sony

While many gamers are pleased with what Killzone 3 patch 1.06 accomplished, like the almost total elimination of lag and XP issues, some are yet complaining about their scores not posting.

Guerrilla Games said it’s a separate bug causing the problem, yet they can’t seem to find it, no matter how many times they try to reproduce it.

“As we now know there is a separate issue that causes some scores not to be processed correctly. That was obviously not fixed by Patch 1.06. This is not because the patch was faulty, it did in fact fix the ‘other’ stat posting problem. It did not fix the issue that we did not know was there yet,” said GG on the KZ3 forums.

“Finding (and therefore solving) the remaining score posting issue is proving difficult. We have been playing daily for prolonged periods of time with multiple accounts on all game modes and maps. And we have not been able to reproduce the issue. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, I’m just saying that all our stats were accounted for correctly.”

Games Thirst user RabidPrincess has been burdened with the bug that GG can’t seem to find, we just hope its resolved soon enough.

1. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 3:11 am

they should ask around and sign in as players who are having those problems, might have something to do with their account.

2. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 6:14 am

Yes it might.

3. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 8:36 am

FUDGE!
    OH, COME ON NOW YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 8:49 am

:-)

5. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 9:18 am

thats it, im off to gearbox and my boxing gloves are coming with me!
    this better be a premature april fools joke!

6. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 9:19 am

there so evil, they send us a email, i thought ooh hopefully this is for the demo.
    i get my hopes up, then they kick us in the balls like this!

7. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 9:31 am

LOL

8. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 12:15 pm

I offered GG to sign in under any one of my profiles. They haven’t taken me up on it yet, but I did get a nice email from an Office Manager saying they’re aware of the problem.

I love this game, so can’t seem to quit. Am currently playing a private in ops only (lol). So far he’s ranking up and receiving points as he should. Will see how long that lasts. Do hope they will figure it out though. I miss my Colonel and his guns and his abilities, and don’t want to bench him forever…

In the meanwhile, there’s a dedicated KZ3 fan hard at work doing a bunch of testing and debugging work. Maybe GG can glean useful information from his efforts.

Wish us all luck. I know I’m not the only one affected.

In the meanwhile, Crysis2 goes hard!

9. Thu, 24th Mar 2011 at 12:26 pm

Yes, Rabid, I hope they find a fix soon myself. Crysis 2 Goes Hard indeed. I’ll give it a shot and come gunning with an article on the same title lol. But yeah, we’re planning a KZ3 online meetup this weekend. Join us!

10. Fri, 25th Mar 2011 at 10:09 pm

Hey Rabid, I’m getting screwed by same thing. 3 times now, although not in a row. How did you get ahold of GG to let them know, cause if this is happening to more and more people, i think it would be important to let them know every detail. I also love KZ3 and find it hard to not play because of this bug.

11. Fri, 25th Mar 2011 at 10:33 pm

Welcome to GT, RdShDw11, I’ll inform RabidPrincess of your post so you could send you a reply.

12. Fri, 25th Mar 2011 at 10:54 pm