Silent Hill Gets A Sequel

That unannounced sequel Game Informer’s been teasing has been unveiled. Get ready to crap your pants while playing a new Silent Hill title.

“The game I was talking about this week is Silent Hill. Unfortunately, I can’t reveal the full name of it yet,” Game Informer’s Andrew Reiner said via a tweet.

The last we heard from Konami concerning Silent Hill was at E3 last year, when the publisher announced the 8th installment of the horror franchise.

Bethesda’s Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’s the game getting the cover treatment of the magazine, however, and there should be many a detail in there. Check it out.

Also, quench this E32010 Silent Hill 8 Trailer:

18 Comments on "Silent Hill Gets A Sequel"

1. Joshua Tompkins January 6, 2011 at 5:37 pm -

I have lost hope in this franchise. It will take an amazing game to get me playing it again.

2. Joshua Tompkins January 6, 2011 at 6:19 pm -

That modern combat game is about to come out, and it is 7.99 and has move support also you get 25% with ps plus. I am totally getting it.

3. Ernice Gilbert January 6, 2011 at 6:34 pm -

Getting it now, too. Hope it’s good.

4. Joshua Tompkins January 6, 2011 at 6:38 pm -

with ps plus it will be only like 5 bucks for me, and at that price, it just has to get me a few hours of play and i will be happy. From what I have seen, it looks solid, and the gameplay is similar to COD and Battlefield. I am excited about it because the game was built from the ground up with Move in mind, so I am sure the move support will be good. IGN did a thing on it and they said the Move gameplay was really solid.

5. Ernice Gilbert January 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm -

When’s it coming available again? I’ll get it for sure.

6. Joshua Tompkins January 6, 2011 at 10:51 pm -

Sometime this month. I am not exactly sure. I think it might be next week.

7. nick January 7, 2011 at 3:42 am -

FINALLY A HORROR GAME!
    lets just hope this does not turn into alone in the dark.
    oh, what a mess up that was!
    alone in the dark, resident evil, have all gone action so i cant afford to loose another series.

8. nick January 7, 2011 at 5:28 am -

speaking of horror games take a look at this.

looks like the tomb raider reboot was not going to be crystal dynamics next game.
    shame they canned it though, it looks so cool!

9. Ernice Gilbert January 7, 2011 at 5:46 am -

Yeah, and survival horror too. Shame indeed.

10. Ernice Gilbert January 7, 2011 at 5:51 am -

It’s like no one knows how to do horror anymore. Either that or they don’t want to make them any longer. Bioshock, the original, was pretty scary.

11. Ernice Gilbert January 7, 2011 at 5:52 am -

It’s a decent gameloft shooter. I’ll buy it.

12. nick January 7, 2011 at 9:54 am -

developers wont do horrors anymore because there under this stupid impression that it wont sell well.
    cant wait till doom 4 comes out and shows them all how wrong they are!
    theres really no game releasing this year i could call a horror game.
    DS2 is not really that scary by the looks of it, neither is F.E.A.R 3.
    bioshock i did not find scary, bioshock 2 on the other hand.
    the part where you have to get the door open and than you can hear the water gushing in, the lights burst out and you can hear those splicers leaping around then they leap at you.
    i shat my pants there!
    the other one where you first see a big sister in a cut scene your running away from her, then you get to a locked door than it blows open slamming you pack and water comes gushing in.
    was certainly a creepy game that, would not say scary but certainly created some tension!

13. Ernice Gilbert January 7, 2011 at 10:07 am -

Certainly had me pausing the game more than thrice. I tell you it was really something. Both Bio one and two were.

14. Joshua Tompkins January 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm -

I did not think Bioshock 2 was creepy. I thought the first one was more creepy.

15. Joshua Tompkins January 7, 2011 at 10:50 pm -

I think that Modern Combat game comes out on January 18.

16. Joshua Tompkins January 7, 2011 at 11:29 pm -

Ernice, I sent you an email.

17. Ernice Gilbert January 8, 2011 at 12:19 am -

Yep, the first Bioshock was what scared teh crap out of me.

18. Ernice Gilbert January 8, 2011 at 12:27 am -