Medal Of Honor Free DLC Adding New MP Mode Next Month, Sold 1.5 Million In First Week

by Ernice Gilbert on October 19th, 2010, under Danger Close, Dice, EA, News

The gamers have spoken: Medal of Honor’s become one of the best selling games of 2010, with the shooting selling 1.5 million copies in its first week on sale.

There’s also free DLC coming in next month, adding a new mp mode called “Clean Sweep”.

The latter’s for those who have the EA Online Pass, and is “an elimination mode where players must rely on their own skill and teammates’ expertise to prevail as the winning team.” It includes two new maps designed for the new mode, dubbed “Bagram Hangar” and “Khyber Caves”, with new versions of the Diwagal Camp and Kabul City Ruins maps also designed for Clean Sweep.

The Quencher Continues -

Here’s EA Games boss Frank Gibeau:

“Medal of Honor is one of EA’s most storied franchises and we’re thrilled to see that fans worldwide have embraced it,” he said.

“In this ultra competitive category, Medal of Honor stands out from the pack. By portraying the Tier 1 Operator as so elite, so tough, Medal of Honor offers a view into a world that has the power to resonate with FPS gamers everywhere.”

As for sales, PC made up 5 percent, but that’s without Steam, however looking at said service, it’s clear that MOH has done good numbers there also, with Medal of Honor holding the 20th spot in the top games played section.

1. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 5:49 pm

I am having a lot of fun with this game, and I am glad it is selling well. It is not a COD killer, but I think it has aspect that are just as good or even better than COD.

2. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 6:29 pm

Couldn’t agree more, it’s a blast!

3. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 7:03 pm

When Black opps releases,this game will be obsolete!

4. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 8:53 pm

Yeah, MOH will probably become obsolete when the most noobish unrealistic war shooter comes out.

5. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 9:04 pm

lol lol hahaha

6. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 9:08 pm

anything successful will generate hate. it’s a fact of life.

7. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 9:14 pm

well, i will actually play this one because I like Treyarch, but I am not a fan of the COD MW games and Infinity Ward. I have my reasons, and I would explain, but it would take a lot of space.

8. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 9:18 pm

@josh,i understand, but the game is not that bad, it might be overrate but its fun

9. Tue, 19th Oct 2010 at 10:11 pm

Killzone 3 anyone : )

10. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 3:22 am

not surprised how well its selling, for some reason shooters sell like hotcakes.
    cant understand why, dont people get sick playing the same game over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again?
    everyone loves ice cream, but would you still love it if you ate nothing but it for 3 months straight breakfast lunch and dinner?

11. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 5:31 am

good point, but it don’t know… The genre just sell extremely well in western countries.. I guess we’re men of war?

12. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 8:29 am

thats what i cant understand.
    i cant stand playing the same genre over and over again, thats why i enjoyed heavy rain so much.
    its so different, its the first time in years that ive played a game and really had a experience i have not had before.
    tis the first time this generation i have sat down with a game, and been able to say i have not played this before.

13. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 8:46 am

Medal Of Honor has its flaws but it is a good game whose best days are yet to come. The whole COD killer talk was more marketing, media and the masses than the game itself… In the realm of Military FPS MOH has created a nice niche for themselves that over time will only grow… While COD is geared more towards the masses whose love for something waxes and wane every second… In addition, the release of Black Ops will not make MOH as obsolete as some people think…. Each game appeals to a different type of player and they are a lot of people who have not made up their minds about either of these games so Black Ops release may push a few more people to buy MOH.

14. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 9:05 am

Aside from America, being the land of the gun and violence coupled with instant gratification. The rise of the shooters coincides with the advent of online multiplay… They are the easiest and more importantly the least expensive games to have online. Throw out a map, some lame scoring system, cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war… Aside from sports games they are very few genres that allow a large group of people to compete or collaborate with one another… Give me Alan Wake or Heavy Rain any day unfortunately as long as people prefer to “capture skulls” over a good game play with strong storytelling and interesting dynamics the tidal wave of shooters will continue flood our shores.

15. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 9:18 am

“Aside from sports games they are very few genres that allow a large group of people to compete or collaborate with one another… Give me Alan Wake or Heavy Rain any day unfortunately as long as people prefer to “capture skulls” over a good game play with strong storytelling and interesting dynamics the tidal wave of shooters will continue flood our shores.”

Always sensible. Always. The first part of your comment’s right, too. I never even thought of it that what.

16. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 9:28 am

Agreed with your comment in full. MOH will flourish on the multiplayer side of things, as said component’s not for twitch gamers like the COD titles. It’ll only grow indeed.

17. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 9:30 am

@Nick: Heavy Rain is another genre in itself.

18. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 9:59 am

@Ernice how was your cousin’s party….

19. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 10:05 am

Man it was something. It was really good. We went out bowling, then went out to this bar/restaurant and had a great time. You know, men doing what men do: Talked a whole lot, jokes, foods, drinks (juice and coffee, lol) the whole thing. Then my Pastor who was also present gave him some advice: communication is the key and never argue with a woman. Know these two rules and you’re set.

It was awesome. Thanks for asking : )

20. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 11:36 am

I have grown tired of the FPS genre, but I was caught by surprise when I played MOH. It actually had a good single player, and that is missing from most FPS games. I also like how the mp plays. I also have not played a fps in a while, other than Halo Reach, which was disappointing to me. I am usually not a fan of war games and I love MOH. I will be playing it for a while. COD, on the other hand, will be a game I rent play for a few weeks and grow tired of the fact that I am rewarded for breathing. There is no challenge. I know they want people to play it and feel like they are not just getting owned, but seriously, I do not want to be rewarded for everything.

21. Wed, 20th Oct 2010 at 11:39 am

Yeah, I agree with you. And it’s not a shot we’re taking at COD at all. It works for others, but releasing one every year? Come on now, every year? You’ll eventually run out of ideas, or at least those that makes sense.