Sometimes words don’t do justice to what one’s trying to relay, and the world’s first ever Modern Warfare 3 trailer that’s just landed has left me dumbfounded, with nothing in my vocab to do it justice.

Just hit the freaking link.

Video Thirst: It’s Mental

Activision and Infinity Ward has done it again, folks. Watch this:

The game comes out on November 8th for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

48 Comments on "Video Thirst: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Trailer Lands, Dropping Bombs All Over The Competition"

1. Ernice Gilbert May 23, 2011 at 10:51 pm -

It’s HOT!!!!

2. elscarface May 23, 2011 at 11:25 pm -

MUST BUY

3. nick May 24, 2011 at 4:38 am -

not really a gameplay trailer, more a teaser trailer.
    i hope they have much larger areas, ive always wanted a game like MAG but offline.
    heaps of AI enemies, in a massive map like MAGs, blowing crap up!

4. Sole Survivor
    Sole Survivor May 24, 2011 at 6:23 am -

AAAAAHHHHHHH!! IT’s HOT!! HUT!

5. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 6:27 am -

I knew this was going to be good…..I just knew it…

6. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 7:44 am -

Funnily I think otherwise it looks quite ordinary MW2.

7. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 8:06 am -

Why?

8. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 8:28 am -

I think that the graphics disappoint … but okay also did not expect otherwise from the series .. same gameplay?
    But hay…It resembles nothing by Price & Soap can not cope; D

9. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 8:34 am -

The Yanks have mastered the art of the Movie trailer….and now the video game trailer. All the coolest pasts have been compressed into 2 mins of video.

And for the record…the few tiny bits of actual gameplay in this video do not show me that the game’s engine is so much better than MW2. Once again the Call of Duty Hype machine is hard at work.

10. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 8:36 am -

I would buy it if they were honest and call it Modern Warfare 2.06. LOL

11. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 8:51 am -

I’ll just copy and paste a comment I saw concerning all the hate the game’s been receiving….via Youtube:

ok people, stop saying that MW3 looks exactly like MW2

1. its a sequal, the game picks off right after mw2 ended so i doubt in the 10 mins after mw2 they all get into a spaceship and have an intergalactic war?

2. think of any game series, they all are the a similar thing otherwise they would be a different game altogether! no one complains that Halo games are the same or Battlefield games are the same. FIFA games ARE the same thing but people get boners over a new one of those every year

12. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 8:54 am -

Haters will hate, but the Modern Warfare games have been extremely fun…As of now, we’ve seen no actually CONSOLE gameplay footage from BF3, and I fail to see what’s so different about it and the countless other Battlefield games….

13. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 9:07 am -

I do not hate COD, but just saying the truth.

14. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 9:10 am -

And MW1 & Halo 3 is the best FPS this gen IMO, i still play them.

15. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:14 am -

I respect your opinion, GAME. But tell me what’s so different with BF? I mean, they’re war games, and they show destruction, but what’s the big difference other than PC footage visuals?

16. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 9:21 am -

New game engine, audio… I also stopped buying FIFA after Nr. 9 more than that i Hated Halo Reach.

17. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:22 am -

Well Infinity Ward did upgrade the existing engine, adding destruction – and there’s talk of 32-player MP and much more….more levels etc…. I will buy BF3 for sure….But I”m not bashing COD because it’s popular like so many do.

18. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 9:32 am -

I am not hating….I have MW,MW2 and BlackOps. I try really hard to like the Call of Duty games. The MP gets old within a month.The past 4 Call of Duty games have run on the SAME engine. ALL the money they have made from the series and they can’t even improve the game’s engine. That’s just LAZY and SELFISH. BF:BC and BF:BC2 ran on similar engines and now Dice is nice enough to give BF3 a brand new engine. 4 successful games and all they can do is tweak the current engine. That ‘ent right.

19. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 9:33 am -

I respect your opinion and Decision too. also I will not buy MW3, I’m not impress by the trailer.

20. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 9:39 am -

I am not bashing MW because it is popular. I am just stating my opinion. I thing it is over-rated. Good but not the FPS Titan that so many make it out to be. I had a blast with BF:BC2 online and think Dice will do a great job on BF3.

On a side NOTE…the FIFA franchise is the ONLY sports series that improves every year.

21. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:39 am -

@GAME – you’ll miss out on our Tourneys – although we’ll have BF3 tournaments too.

22. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:41 am -

@Caribbean Clank – I understand how you feel. But just by looking at this trailer, I can already see the improvements – we should wait a while longer to hear more about MP and more…. Already I’m hearing there will be more maps, bigger games, better story and even dedicated servers for consoles..

23. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 9:43 am -

Come November I will probably get MW3…I will not deny that. I will atleast for the single player campaign. But I am sure I will be playing a lot more of Uncharted 3 or BF3 around that time. Damn…November is gonna be a GOOOOOOD month.

24. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:43 am -

FIFA plays and feels the same to me…Just new teams and tweaks here and there….But you know, we’ll have to see. I mean I’ve played all the BF games too…..Bad Company was lacking but good…Bad Company 2 was a blast – great visuals – and yes, BF3 will be great. But there must be a reason why COD is so popular and it’s not just hype. Modern Warfare started the trend that everyone’s following now… It did for MP what no other shooter before it had….It deserves respect, and at least a chance.

25. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:44 am -

A GREAT month. So many games….So many tournaments here.. BF3, MW3, Uncharted 3, what else? Resistance 3….Big games, Gears of War 3!~!!!!

26. rpatricky May 24, 2011 at 9:50 am -

Is that Corey Feldman speaking in the trailer? If so…this game is going to suck. HAHA!

27. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:52 am -

:D

28. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:53 am -

You know you’ll buy that game, rpatricky. Admit it! lol

29. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 9:55 am -

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare got me into online MP. I had a blast with that game. The first Bad Company was ok but BC2 was just excellent. I never put so much time in a game online before (excepy for SOCOM2 back in the day)

30. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 9:59 am -

That’s the thing, CaribbeanCLANK. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 got the majority into online play – along with the Halo games. Modern Warfare 3 is a sequel to Modern Warfare to…..Remember antagonist Vladimir Makarov? Well he’s back:

“It doesn’t take the most powerful nations on Earth to create the next global conflict…just the will of a single man.”

The game will follow those events that were left untied in MW2.. How much different can it be? I’m buying day one….Or I’ll get the review copy…

31. rpatricky May 24, 2011 at 10:00 am -

Yeah. I will… I am a mindless drone. I am however looking forward to seeing what Battlefield 3 is going to be like. On Black Ops, I’m pretty much down to just playing Zombies. That game frustrates the bejezus out of me.

32. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:03 am -

“That game frustrates the bejezus out of me.” :D

33. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:04 am -

Battlefield 3 should be a must buy if what we’re seeing is indeed real.. I just need to see some console footage first. Also, I’m sure after getting so much heat from fans Infinity Ward will up their game..I enjoyed both MW games…I’m sure I’ll enjoy this one.

34. rpatricky May 24, 2011 at 10:07 am -

That being said… Is it Corey Feldman? HAHA!

35. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 10:09 am -

As long as they don’t kill Price, MacTavish and Nikolai then I am good. They got a really bad habit of killing characters I like in the MW games. I was SO PISSED OFF when Ghost was killed in MW2.

36. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 10:10 am -

Tournaments: Gears of War 3 & Battlefied 3

37. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:11 am -

@Rpatricky: I really don’t know.. Googled it and came up with nothing…just some dry link.

38. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:12 am -

@CaribbeanCLANK: Yeah, I was really pissed when GHOST died too…They might kill Price too…..Let’s hope not!

39. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:12 am -

@GAME – I feel you there. It’ll be all war!

40. CaribbeanCLANK May 24, 2011 at 10:15 am -

Oh Lawd…they kill Price and I will never buy a Call of Duty game ever again. lol

41. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 10:18 am -

E3 2011 best E3 EVER?!?!?!?!?!

42. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:19 am -

Lol! I know right? I’m already thinking on what will they do next, though. I mean, after World War III has come and gone, what will they do next?

43. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:20 am -

Yes GAME, it’s looking that way… Project Cafe, NGP, Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Modern Warfare 3, Uncahrted NGP, Agent, Battlefield 3, games, games and more GAMES!!!

44. II THE GAME I1 May 24, 2011 at 10:29 am -

The return of MASTER CHIEF!, Battlefied 3, Gears 3,Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, (GTA v, MGS V?) moore etc…
    I CAN NOT WAIT!

45. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 10:31 am -

Oh yeah! And we will be bringing everything up to the second….Metal Gear Solid V? Oh boy stop messing with me!

46. nick May 24, 2011 at 11:07 am -

massive difference between battlefield and COD.
    CODs such a linear shooter, its 5 levels cut and pasted and theres your new game!
    battlefield actually is a open shooter, incorporates different types of soldiers, and theres constantly changes of pace and play style.
    its not one level cut and pasted 5 times!
    saying battlefield is the same as COD is like saying opperation flashpoint is the same as COD!
    they could not be more different!
    just because a games in the same genre as another does not mean there the same.

47. Ernice Gilbert May 24, 2011 at 11:18 am -

I’d have to disagree with you there, Nick. COD titles are NOT cut and paste…. Let’s be real.

48. Joshua Tompkins May 24, 2011 at 11:57 am -

I don’t see how you can say that BF:BC and BC2 where a lot a like. From what I played, they feel like very much different games. From the writing to the graphics and gameplay, it felt like a new game. BC2 was written as a much more darker and serious game, while BC1 was very light hearted and funny. The jump in graphics from BC1 to BC2 was huge. The explosive effects and sound design were amazing. The way the characters move was much different. The character sway and bounce when they move was much different, and felt like a new game. COD 4 was an amazing game, but Activision has spit in the face its loyal fans by not even trying to truly innovate or change their game. When I look at other franchises such as Halo, BF, Gears of War and Uncharted, I see games that have changed in many ways from their former selves. I do not agree with some of the changes, but they still make a fun game that is different, but when I look at COD, I see the same games from year to year. I still have not seen enough footage from this game to say that they have changed, but the video looks the same as the other games. Also, I hope IW puts online trophies in their game because it is just stupid that the game is mostly played for the MP and they do not have MP trophies.