Halo: Reach Leaked, Microsoft Aggressively Investigating Situation

by Ernice Gilbert on August 20th, 2010, under Breaking News, Bungie, Hot, Microsoft, News

This cannot be good. Video past the break.

Modders from Game-tut.com (via Industry Gamers) have apparently outsmarted Microsoft servers and have gained access to the highly anticipated title. The files are being sold for a mammoth $1250. the game was intended only for reviewers and was meant to be downloaded by code.

Video Thirst:

The leak has appeared elsewhere, too, with spoilers for the game having been found at Bungie’s official forums and NeoGAF.

Quench it:

Industry Gamers reached out to Microsoft, and this is what Redmond had to say:

“We are aware of claims being made regarding a security exploit related to Halo: Reach and are aggressively investigating the matter. We have no further details to share at this time.”

This is terrible for many reasons, first, there’s the aspect of potential piracy, and then critical story details that shouldn’t be unveiled until the game’s release by respective purchasers, will most likely be available all over gaming’s web.

We’ll keep you posted.

1. Fri, 20th Aug 2010 at 6:27 pm

Wow, the game looks great but the maps on there looked a little small. I hope that the there are some more open maps. The smaller maps are cool, but the bigger ones are more fun to me.

2. Sat, 21st Aug 2010 at 12:51 am

Even as a proud PS3 gamer I have to say that this is not cool at all.

3. Sat, 21st Aug 2010 at 1:11 am

Yeah, it is not cool at all, but Microsoft does it to themselves. I know that half of the people I use to play with on my xbox had modded xbox’s and were downloading games illegally. I even contacted Microsoft to let them know so that they could take action, but they only told me to file a complaint against them. So, I get mad when people do stuff like this, but if the company does not take the proper measures to prevent it then I do not feel so bad.

4. Sat, 21st Aug 2010 at 1:13 am

Hmmm… Good point.

5. Sat, 21st Aug 2010 at 3:22 am

ahhhhhhh why am i not surprised?
    M$ have some serious leaking issues!
    every single 360 exclusive is on P2P networks a good 4-6 weeks before release!
    i remember seeing alan wake on there in the first week of april!
    gears 2 was on there a good 6 weeks before release, and the less said about fable 2 the better!
    remember Kmart got the pants ripped off them for selling the game 2 weeks early.
    amazing how hard it is to keep info in these days, i mean almost everything gets leaked!
    games, announcements of games, hardware announcements.
    everyone remembers the qore slip up last year, sony accidentally released the qore episode early so come E3 everyone already knew the PSP go existed.

6. Sat, 21st Aug 2010 at 4:07 am

@RedBullGT33: It would seem, after reading your comment, Microsoft doesn’t really care, then.

@ Nick, yeah, many games games get leaked these days.

@ExclusivesMostly: It’s seriously not cool. The Xbox 360′s biggest game ever getting leaked a full month before release?

Not cool.

7. Sat, 21st Aug 2010 at 11:04 am

@Ernice
    Yeah, this is the feeling I get every time I have to contact them about cheaters or modders. They did do a lot of banning early this year, but that has slowed down and the people I played with are back to illegally downloading games. Also, every friend I play with on Gears of War 2 use modded controllers.

8. Sat, 21st Aug 2010 at 11:10 am

@RedBullGT33: Wow, Microsoft really needs to do something about this. It’s hurting them and their partners.