Weekend Quencher

You probably realized that the Weekend Quencher post didn’t go live yesterday. Well, that’s because I can’t believe the weekend is already upon us. Why are the days passing by so fast? Maybe it’s because, these days, our lives are so caught up. You know, before we had time to actually sit and talk to a friend, now everyone’s on Facebook or Twitter, and sending text messages, watching videos, playing with their new iPhone or messing around with the latest Android, or doing something else.

We have no time to pause anymore, and that’s a darn shame. And so, it seems as if time runs away from us but we’re really the ones who are running away from time.

Yeah, I thought that last line was deep myself ; ) . For me, the fun started on last night: I performed at a gospel concert ( I do sing you know), then stood and watch while dozens of young people surrendered their hearts to the Lord. Really touching. Later that same night, we went to IHOP and had something to eat – I think I bought the meditterenean dish with some fried chopped potatoes. By then, it was already minutes to 2am; I was tired, went home and instantly feel asleep.

Today, I’ll be hanging out with some friends in the morning playing basketball, then later I’m off to a youth seminar thingy, and then I’m free like a bird. UFC 2010: Undisputed will be the next game I take up, as my cousin really wants to kick my butt, I doubt he will.

Sunday, after church, we MIGHT be having a barbecue at my wife’s parents house, and Monday we’ll probably go to the beach. Packed, my weekend is.

Yours?

7 Comments on "Weekend Quencher"

1. nick July 4, 2010 at 3:32 am -

for once ive got a quiet weekend which is good, gives me time to catch up on the tower of games piled up from march.
    you go away for one week and suddenly your 6 weeks behind in your work!

2. Ernice Gilbert July 4, 2010 at 7:21 am -

That’s true man. It’s crazy! But that’s good you get some time to chill : )

3. nick July 4, 2010 at 9:21 am -

yeah its nice to be able to wind down and relax for a little, ive been so stressed ever since i got back from holidays because i was so far behind my tafe work.
    now i got 3 weeks off i can relax and try and finish RDR, than get stuck into mario galaxy 2, finish singularity, finish MNR, start BLUR, finish split second, start leggo harry potter.
    god, i got my work cut out for me!
    lucky theres no games coming out i want to get till mafia 2 on the 28th of August.

4. Ernice Gilbert July 4, 2010 at 10:26 am -

Yeah, well the game I’m really looking forward to this year is actually Donkey Kong Country Returns. Caught you by surprise there huh? lol. The Wii is where it is these days.

5. newyearnewrule July 4, 2010 at 10:47 am -

I’d like to get my hands on Peace Walker. The weekend is packed, though, it’s always this way for me around July 4th…..

6. nick July 5, 2010 at 9:32 am -

lol, nah not really its on my list too.
    though if i could only play one game for the rest of my life it would be infamous 2!
    i was really worried about that, they have changed so much!
    but the trailer they showed the other day left my jaw six ways south of the border!

7. Ernice Gilbert July 5, 2010 at 4:05 pm -

It really was something wasn’t it? I’ve never been on the fence about it anyway….I’ll be buying this one day one!