Thirsty Conversations: What’s The Scariest Game You’ve Ever Played?

bioshock_

When was the last time a videogame made you put down the controller and sent you dashing to your room? When was the last time a videogame had you contemplating quitting the medium because you constantly had nightmares after playing? Seriously, when was the last time a videogame made you crap your pants?

Let’s talk. Do it here: The Official Games Thirst Resident Evil.

14 Comments on "Thirsty Conversations: What’s The Scariest Game You’ve Ever Played?"

1. Christos Chatzisavvas August 13, 2012 at 9:02 am -

There are really a handful for this list. The second Resident Evil, partly because I was young back then. Most recently, the first Dead Space, and Amnesia of course.
    Dead Space was not straight-out scary, but it built tension, and even when I was alone in the corridor, I wasn’t walking as easily because I was afraid something would pop up. Amnesia, no comments. RE2, the scene where they eat Kendo has traumatized me :P

2. Ernice Gilbert August 13, 2012 at 9:44 am -

For me it’s RE: Code Veronica, the first Bioshock and believe it or not, Metal Gear Solid: Sons Of Liberty… Remember the portion where the game asks you to turn off the system because you’ve been gaming too long? Yeah, that freaked my out.
    I actually turned off the system and started rethinking my gaming stance. I thought God was telling me something :D
    And I wasn’t that young either…I was at least 19..20ish

3. Christos Chatzisavvas August 13, 2012 at 9:48 am -

That was freakish indeed, I need scizzors etc. I was more confused, thinking the game had problems, but it was a brand new copy, and I always keep my games like they’re holy artifacts, so it wasn’t scratched or anything. Kojima is a genius.

4. Ghost250 August 13, 2012 at 9:49 am -

the first Dead Space is probably the most scariest game i’ve played

5. Ernice Gilbert August 13, 2012 at 10:13 am -

Wasn’t Bioshock scary too, though? That game changed the entire atmosphere of my house while playing! I kid you not.

6. Christos Chatzisavvas August 13, 2012 at 10:28 am -

It really was very atmospheric and creepy, but I can’t say it got close to how the other two freaked me out!

7. TheGrimOfDeath August 13, 2012 at 10:35 am -

I really like stand alone people who create scary games such as Slender. But the most scariest game I ever played is Amnesia.

8. foxton August 13, 2012 at 11:39 am -

R.E. 2 for me, there was one bit when your walking down a corridor and these huge spiders jump through windows and start attacking you, used to get me every time lol.

9. Joshua Tompkins August 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm -

Dead Space for its great atmosphere and tension. I also found the first Condemed game to be pretty creepy. The original Silent Hill games creeped me out a lot and like others, RE2. I really want to play Amnesia, I heard it is super creepy.

10. Christos Chatzisavvas August 13, 2012 at 12:24 pm -

Amnesia will make you shit your pants, honestly. I also want to play that Slenderman game that’s been very popular recently, and I’ll go buy ARMA II for DayZ once I’m back in Athens, but that’s another story.

11. narwall14 August 13, 2012 at 1:06 pm -

nightmare house 2 it’s a free game but it hurts my soul to play it.

12. linglingjr August 13, 2012 at 1:42 pm -

Lol for me it was the first bioshock as well and recently it was slender but that’s more of a funny type of scared than an omgwtfbbq scared.

13. Martin Zamora August 13, 2012 at 8:03 pm -

I haven’t played any game that’s really scared me, the closest I’ve gotten to scared was in Bioshock when you’re in that room where the lights shut off, and you’re in the middle of the spotlight and a bunch of splicers come and attack you. Fort Frolic also had its moments… The rest of Bioshock was just creepy.

14. nick August 14, 2012 at 4:25 am -

first off forget slender, SCP containment field is WAY scarier!
    not to mention its allot more fun too, instead of wondering around a wood looking the same the whole time your in a futuristic lab.
    from this gen though id have to go with bioshock 2.
    i absolutely freaking loved that game, every time you heard a big sister scream it just fired chills up your spine.
    ill never forget the level where the lights blow out, a spotlight turns on and splicers come racing down the roof.
    or even the level where your running from a big sister, than one of the doors blows open from the water pressure.
    thing is though bioshock 2 was not really *scary*.
    tense, suspenseful, atmospheric, yes, but not scary!
    its like every game this gen it makes you feel uneasy, but it does not make you jump out of your skin like the old games did!
    id have to put the scariest game ive ever played at doom 3.
    come on, its just a cult classic!
    especially back when it released, the tech was cutting edge, it was always so dark, and those deamons would come out of nowhere!
    not to mention the game was bleeding difficult, it was so hard to find ammo which made a enemy encounter even more scary!
    my favorite horror game though has to be the suffering!
    man that game is freaking messed up, i mean it makes manhunt 2 look like toy story!
    you awake in a hospital unaware of who you are, what happened, all you know is your in a hospital full of severed limbs and so much blood you would think you were in a saw movie!
    sickest most sadistic game ive ever played!