Over five years under development, and Gran Turismo 5 franchise didn’t missed a beat. In fact, it’s so powerful a brand that doesn’t matter what other PS3 exclusive game’s made the headlines as of recently, the real racing simulator’s still top dog amongst the gathering.
To prove it’s staying appeal, Gran Turismo 5 has sold 5.5 million units in less three weeks, topping all other PS3 exclusives in the sales department easily.
That’s Metal Gear Solid 5: Snake Eater, Uncharted 1 & 2, Killzone 2 and all the other popular PS3 brands.
Hit the link.
“As of December 6, more than 5.5 million units of Gran Turismo 5 have been sold worldwide. Gran Turismo 5 will further continue to contribute to the expansion of the PS3 platform,” read the press release.
Most of the game’s sales came from Europe, however, with said region buying up 3.5 million units thus far, compared to North America, with 1.2 million copies sold.
Here’s the full GT5 numbers quencher for each game in the long-running series. Dating back from PSone:
- Gran Turismo – 10.98 million Worldwide
- Gran Turismo 2 – 9.34 million
- Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec – 14.80 million
- Gran Turismo Concept 2001 – 1.50 million
- Gran Turismo 4: Prologue – 1.34 million
- Gran Turismo 4 – 10.86 million
- Gran Turismo 5: Prologue – 5.03 million
- Gran Turismo PSP – 2.24 million
- Gran Turismo 5 – 5.52 million