Yes, there’s currently a next-gen games drought throughout the games industry, but if Sony’s to have its way, things will change very soon. According to the company, there are over 100 games coming to PlayStation 4 this year.
Here’s a fun fact: More than 100 PS4 games are planned for release in 2014. Stay tuned for more updates from today’s media summit
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) February 10, 2014
All this and more was also made known at an ongoing PlayStation press event happening right now in the U.S. It was also revealed by SCEA’s John Koller that Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14 were the bestselling titles on PS4, respectively.
Koller also revealed few stats about PlayStation 4:
- 1.7 million hours of gaming has been live streamed.
- There’s been 172 million hours of online gaming.
- The PS4 is available in 53 countries.
- 34 million hours of gaming are spent per week globally on the PS4.
- There will be over 100 games on PS4 this calendar year.
- 90% of all PS4s in the United States are connected to the internet.
- There are 48 million monthly Shares captured.
- Retail cards have seen a 120% growth year-over-year.
- PlayStation Plus memberships have grown over 90% since PS4 launch.
So just a little patience, then, and games will be coming to PS4 incessantly.