Is something terminally wrong with Battlefield 4? Because it seems whatever DICE tries, whatever patch it sends out, though some things are fixed, the game still remains broken. EA should have waited until the game was REALLY complete to release it, but I guess that Call of Duty dollar was too tempting.
Meanwhile the latest Battlefield 4 patch for Xbox One has been delayed, and will instead be released late this week or early next, DICE has promised.
Elsewhere, Call of Duty: Ghosts, while not having smooth sailing, is way more stable that DICE’s mess of a game, and like I’ve said already, I’m sure this has affected the Battlefield brand in a lot mre ways than EA realizes. It’s no wonder the publisher is being investigated for alleged fraudulent sales claims it made about Battlefield 4, because as it stands now, the game is trending way below Battlefield 3 in sales on either PS3 or Xbox 360, and next-gen sales has been lagging heavily behind Activision’s Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Patch Notes for PS4 Battlefield 4:
- General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes we are currently seeing on the PS4
- Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the in-game Battlelog during round transition
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen
- Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles
- Fixed minor destruction issues in the terrain
DICE says that it’s already working on yet another PS4 patch based on player feedback.