USB keyboard support, and many more.
At long last, the Wii U is getting a much needed update. Weighing 700MB, it will add the following:
- The ability to automatically receive recommended demos and software using SpotPass.
- The ability to disable Nintendo ID use via smartphone or web browser
- USB keyboard support
- A dedicated friend list icon on the Wii U Menu
- Support for Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound when playing Wii software
- Users can chat via a headset plugged into the GamePad (for Wii U Chat)
- Internet Browser improvements
- Overall system stability improvements
On top of this all, you can now Off-Screen play Wii games, albeit they will still require a WiiMote and nunchuck combo. Start downloading now from Settings -> System Update, and enjoy a better Wii U overall. So far, I’m loving the update, and everything works much more smoothly.