Chakra types, flow, control and more. Also some Guides that will help you.
Every ninja can use his chakra different to have more and more power. By melding their chakra and use different ratios of the psysical and spiritual energy, new types of chakra can be formed. Every ninja has his own type of chakra, but they all have the capacity to create one more.
The basic chakra types are 5. Fire, Wind, Earth, Lighting, Water. Each type has its weakness and strenghts.
In addition to these Elements, there are some ninja that have the power to combine 2 types together to form a new one. A lof of ninja can use 2 Elements, but very few can use them simultaneously.
A ninja to become stronger has to be able to control his chakra. By controlling chakra they can create new and powerfull jutsu.When creating a ninjutsu, the two methods of manipulating chakra are referred to as Shape Transformation and Nature Transformation:
- Shape Transformation deals with controlling the form, movement, and potency of chakra.
- Nature Transformation usually deals with changing the physical properties of chakra into an element. There is also the Nature Transformation of Yin and Yang, which deals with changing the ratio of spiritual and physical energies within chakra.
These two methods can be implemented separately or together in order to create a technique.
A lof ot techniques take a certain shape and it is controlled from one hand to another. For example Naruto uses the jutsu rasengan.
The five main elemental types are also the names for the Five Great Shinobi Nations: Fire, Wind, Lighting, Earth, Water.
The amount of chakra and the element a ninja employs is different based on which ninjutsu he uses.
Other types of Chakra
Tailed Beast Chakra: The demonic chakra of the 9-tailed-beasts.
Senjutsu Chakra: Sage mode, balance of the psysical, spiritual and nature energy that boosts every aspect of a ninja.
Star Chakra: Ninja from Hoshikagure manipulate their chakra into a wide variety of jutsu at the cost of damage to their bodies.
Gift of the Hermit Group: Is a special kind of chakra used by the ninja monks of the Fire Temple.
Dark chakra: Is a special chakra formed from the negative emotions of the heart.
Priestess chakra: A chakra that has a bright and unique aspect.
Basic types and a few words
- Fire (Hi) natured chakra allows for Fire Release (Katon), which is strong against Wind but weak against Water.
- Wind (Kaze) natured chakra allows for Wind Release (Fūton), which is strong against Lightning but weak against Fire.
- Lightning (Kaminari) natured chakra allows for Lightning Release (Raiton), which is strong against Earth but weak against Wind.
- Earth (Tsuchi) natured chakra allows for Earth Release (Doton), which is strong against Water but weak against Lightning.
- Water (Mizu) natured chakra allows for Water Release (Suiton), which is strong against Fire but weak against Earth.
It is a principle of the relationships between chakra natures. It says that when 2 ninjutsu of the same nature collide and they have the same amount of chakra in them, then the 2 ninjutsu cancel each other. But if one has more chakra than the other then it can cuts through. Also the stronger jutsu absorbs the weak jutsu and becomes a lot stronger.
Every shinobi (ninja) has an affinity to one type of chakra. To find out which one, they use a special paper from a special tree (grown and fed with chakra).
When they pass chakra through the paper then it reacts:
If a shinobi possess,
- Fire: the paper will ignite and turn to ash.
- Wind: the paper will split in two.
- Lightning: the paper will wrinkle.
- Earth: the paper will turn to dirt and crumble away.
- Water: the paper will become wet/damp.
Simultaneously use of 2 basic types.
The Ice (Kōri) nature: Water and Wind natures.
The Wood (Ki) nature: Earth and Water natures.
The Lava (Yōgan) nature: Fire and Earth natures.
The Blaze (Honō) nature: It is unknown what this nature entails.
The Storm (Arashi) nature: Lightning and Water natures.
The Boil (Futtō) nature: Water and Fire natures.
The Dust (Chiri) nature: Fire, Earth and Wind natures.
The Explosion (Bakuhatsu) nature: It is unknown what this nature entails.
The Scorching Heat (Shakunetsu) nature: Fire and Wind natures.
The Magnetism (Jiryoku) nature: It is unknown what this nature entails.
Combining Nature and Shape transformation
Rasengan is a Shape transformation but it can become stronger when naruto uses his wind style.
So shinobi are able to combine the nature and shape of chakra to release more powerfull jutsu.
Example: Rasengan, Wind release-Rasengan
Yin and Yang
Yin Yang is the sixth type of chakra. It is a non-elemental chakra type. Yin is the the basis of imagination and spiritual energy and Yang is the the basis of vitality and physical energy. The transformation of the Yin and Yang seemingly has to do with altering the amounts of and balance between spiritual and physical energy in chakra.
Here is one episode of Naruto Shippuuden that can be used as a Guide. Watch it carefully.