Wow, can Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us, a PS3 exclusive, perform any better? The game has now matched the UK Chart records of Black Ops II and FIFA 13, both titles releasing on a myriad of gaming systems. All I’ll say is it’s a testament to Naughty Dog’s creativity, and a blow to those in the industry who hold the notion that new IP, at the end of a console generation, don’t sell well. Looking at you, EA.
The sixth consecutive week as number 1 for The Last of Us is also a record breaker: no other single-format exclusive has held the No.1 spot for as many consecutive weeks.
Top 20 Games In UK, Week 29, 2013 – Courtesy UKIE:
1. THE LAST OF US
2. MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION
3. MARIO AND LUIGI: DREAM TEAM BROS.
4. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF
5. DYNASTY WARRIORS 8
6. FAR CRY 3
7. MAX PAYNE 3
8. THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – LEGENDARY
9. FIFA 13
10. TOMB RAIDER
11. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II
12. LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES
13. ASSASSIN’S CREED III
14. GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
15. NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED
16. LUIGI’S MANSION 2
17. GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES – LIBERTY CITY
18. RED DEAD REDEMPTION: GOTY
19. LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS
20. THE SIMS 3: ISLAND PARADISE