Thirsty Conversations: What Game Did You Play The Most in 2012?

bf3plenty1

You say you’re a hardcore gamer who’s accumulated weeks of gaming for the year. On Games Thirst you brag about your trophy and achievement counts and hate on Call of Duty… You, apparently, don’t play shooters… Apparently – but last night I caught you playing Domination on Plaza, in Black Ops 2. Or was it your mother?

Anyway it’s confessions time. Tell us what game you spent the most time playing this year. Tell the truth, I see you all the time!

19 Comments on "Thirsty Conversations: What Game Did You Play The Most in 2012?"

1. foxton December 20, 2012 at 5:53 am -

ha ha it feels as if that was directed at me!. I have to say i have played so many games this year, mainly because i upgraded to PS Plus and have been a real trophy whore this year, but the only two games i keep going back to this year have been BF3 and FIFA 13 so it has to be those two. Ive probably spent more hours on BF3, but i have to say ive been a little dissapointed with the quality of games this year, after it promised so much. Dare i say my appetite for gaming is finally waining?!

2. Ghost250 December 20, 2012 at 6:00 am -

i didn’t play much this year. the game i played the most this year was AC3 but i only bought three games this year.

3. Ernice Gilbert December 20, 2012 at 6:04 am -

@Foxton: That’s a serious thing to say!!! But one must be truthful! I think my appetite for gaming has remained the same – it’s the time that gets in the way, sometimes! However I agree with you that games this year didn’t live up to promised standards… And like you, Battlefield 3 is the title I’ve spent the most time in, but ever since Black Ops 2 I haven’t gone back.
    So for me it’s Battlefield 3, and if we’re asking this same question next year it might be, well, I don’t know. I don’t think there’s enough time remaining in 2012 for Blops 2 to bypass BF3 in time spent playing….
    Next Thirst Conversations: “Games You Wished You Played This Year”.

4. Ernice Gilbert December 20, 2012 at 6:05 am -

@Ghost: Just three? Did you rent anything at all?

5. Ghost250 December 20, 2012 at 6:09 am -

nah didn’t rent anything at all this year.

6. Ernice Gilbert December 20, 2012 at 6:13 am -

@Ghost: Bro, you didn’t play much at all! Shame! LOL

7. Ghost250 December 20, 2012 at 6:18 am -

this year really didn’t interest much at all tbh. i mean there still games like dishonored and sleeping dogs i still want to try out though. next year though, next year reminds me of 2011 when nothing but good games were dropping like every week. 2013 is gonna make my wallet hurt LOL.

8. Ernice Gilbert December 20, 2012 at 6:35 am -

Indeed. 2013 will hurt gamers wallets.. Awesome games, new systems? Yeah. Get ready for your pockets to be nuked.

9. foxton December 20, 2012 at 6:38 am -

yeah i havent had the urge to pick up my pad lately as i have. Ive had a few set backs the back end of this year and it kinda puts things into perspective, there really is more to life than gaming! But im not doing christmas this year im being a proper scrooge so will probably spend most of my time gaming or watching the festive sport! Ghost yeah ive been looking at sleeping dogs for a while, reckon i will give it a try. 2013 really will be make or break for me and gaming. Ill either lose more interest or the new titles and the ps4 release will revamp my thirst for gaming. Will be interesting to see how it pans out!

10. Ernice Gilbert December 20, 2012 at 6:58 am -

Like your last line there, Fox! “2013 really will be make or break for me and gaming. Ill either lose more interest or the new titles and the ps4 release will revamp my thirst for gaming.” Note, “thirst for gaming!” :D
    But yeah, you’re right. My current-gen high was Killzone 3. Darn, that’s another Thirsty Conversations right there: “What’s Your Current Gen Gaming High?”

11. Ghost250 December 20, 2012 at 7:04 am -

@foxton i still gotta try spec ops also.

12. foxton December 20, 2012 at 7:51 am -

ha why do you think i worded it like that?! :) Mine was obviously Killzone 2, or technically it could be my lowest purely because i spent so much time on it i pretty much lost 2 years of my life lol

13. Ernice Gilbert December 20, 2012 at 7:54 am -

LOL! The memories of those years will never be forgotten, I’m sure!
    I’ll never forget the seasons of Killzone 3. The music, the voices, the modes, stages, visuals! Ah! Loved that game!

14. Mezzo December 20, 2012 at 12:58 pm -

As i’m not the only 1 who plays on my PS3, my console was ON for the most part of 2012, . I’ve got 2 sister’s addicted to Black Ops 2 Zombies, ACIII MP & LBP, plus a Mother who would seriously take a life for some extra time with PAC-MAN. :P
    —————————–
    But the game that i played the most was ‘Battlefield 3′, i had really fun with it up until Close Quarters, after that i really got bored with it.
    ——————————
    For next year, i’m just looking forward to Next-Gen with Next Killzone. It will be Glorious.

15. TheGrimOfDeath December 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm -

I just got PS and oh my god just the amount of games is amazing. I just got Chronovolt, Mutant Blobs, Gravity Rush and Big Sky Infinity. This is only the Vita part as I still have to download the free PS3 games. XD
    ___
    I guess the game I played the most was BF3, but wait for that to change as I have just gotten PS . :D

16. nick December 21, 2012 at 3:15 am -

definetly ME3, finished that so many times!
    while it was a bitter let down from ME2, especially the characters and story, it was still THE best game released this year!
    second would be FC3, its just a shame the side missions are OH MY LORD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    most of the side missions are go over here and look for this, i mean come on this is fucking far cry!
    your suppose to be blowing shit up and thrusting knifes into your enemies!
    not searching a fucking cave for a tiny little piece of a artifact!
    whats going on, get this tomb raider bullshit out of my far cry!
    HATE it with a capital HATE when games send you on fetch quests!
    walking around a island looking for something, on what planet, smoking what weird shit, is that considered fun!?

17. Ernice Gilbert December 21, 2012 at 8:39 am -

@Nick: Wow, never heard you said that before. All you’ve said about ME3 was that it was a raging disappointment.

18. nick December 21, 2012 at 9:14 am -

the story and characters were, especially after the amazing story and character development of ME2.
    but combat wise, gameplay wise, cut scene wise, budget wise, 3 was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!
    especially the space battles towards the end, watching the geth take out the quarians was just beautiful!
    star wars eat your heart out!
    because of that, just the epic space battles and amazingly improved gameplay, its my GOTY.
    disappointment of the year, and game of the year.
    oh actually nah, scratch that AC3 was disappointment of the year!
    oh what a let down that was, especially after the epic cliffhanger of revelations!

19. Ernice Gilbert December 21, 2012 at 9:16 am -