Soldier Chatzisavvas salutes you — off for 9 months

Big-Boss-Salute

Hello dear readers! In just a few months, from July up until now, I’ve worked much for Games Thirst, and came to love its small but interesting community. Everyone bashing Nick, Narwall being totally random, Mezzo being the voice of calm, Grim being the news-discoverer, and everyone else having their roles too. And of course, big thanks to mister Gilbert for the chance to work with what I love! Now, it’s time for Mr News-and-Reviews to sign out for a few months, and heed the call of duty (awful pun).

On Monday, I’ll start serving my country as a proud Marine or Royal Guard of the Hellenic Military. This is a moment I’ve long waited for, and it’s an honor for me to get the chance to serve under such proud units. Hopefully, if I don’t get any jail time, I’ll be with you again in exactly 9 months. But in the meantime, I hope I’ll get to post now and then, on my days off — but don’t really expect these posts. The military allows for 15 days off in total, not counting honorary days off, but to get these last ones, you’ll have to perform significantly important tasks (hopefully, I will).

I grieve for all the games I’ll have here, factory sealed, while I’ll be serving all over Greece and not get a chance to touch them until months later. At any rate, though, I’d pick this situation over not having the chance to join the army at all but get to play my games.

Keeping this short, I’d like to wave you all goodbye for a short while, and hoping to find Games Thirst be even bigger when I return. Thanks for all the love, and the hate, people. See you soon, and stay classy!

PS: no better header image could ever be chosen.

Author: Christos Chatzisavvas View all posts by
Gaming lover, web developing graduate, founder and developer at Starblind Entertainment. Keep your eye out for news, reviews, previews and opinion articles, as well as game projects. Follow me on Twitter @CrashOkami.

10 Comments on "Soldier Chatzisavvas salutes you — off for 9 months"

1. Baran Altuncu November 10, 2012 at 1:32 pm -

I hope you you become a better man after serving in the Military for a while mate, don’t worry about the games, they will be always waiting for you. Man 9 months is really long, just don’t forget to post some things when you have the time mate. Oh yeah one more thing mate, kick some ass during your service.

2. Christos Chatzisavvas November 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm -

Thanks dude! My dad served for 22 months in the Marines, so we consider 9 months a joke :P Of course I will, to not lose touch with the community!

PS: I’m waiting for the moment I get to shoot that G3A3 ;)

3. Ernice Gilbert November 10, 2012 at 1:37 pm -

Epic Header Image, man. On topic, I miss you already! I know you got to serve your country and I’m proud of that! Mixed emotions from me because I’m happy for you, but sad because we’ll miss you! although it’s just for a while. I pray much blessings come your way, and lots of success, too!

4. Baran Altuncu November 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm -

By the time you come back mate, GT is going to be much better and you are going to be back in business. Just don’t do anything rash over there mate.

5. afrotravis November 10, 2012 at 4:13 pm -

just risked and signed in at work to wish u the best…. happy holidays/ xmas which ever is acceptable to u.

6. Christos Chatzisavvas November 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm -

Thanks both of you guys, we talked earlier too :)

And thanks for taking that risk Afro! Christmas is my nameday (I don’t know if there’s actually namedays in any other country, most people are unaware of this :P ), so both would do, even though I ain’t a believer. Weird, isn’t it? Anyway, thank you again, and we’ll meet again soon! :)

7. Wolf1888 November 10, 2012 at 7:21 pm -

That’s awesome for you! We are all proud of you, and it was an immense pleasure to read your articles. I hope you will still drop by from time to time just to keep in touch, it’d be awesome! We’ll want updates on how everything is going for you there :)

Have a great time!
    Thanks for the great articles, see you soon!

8. Mezzo November 10, 2012 at 8:23 pm -

Awesome, i’m glad for you.
    ———–
    Now go and make us proud. And after 9 months we’ll be right here where you left us.
    Cheers Pal. =]