Ico HD heading to PS Vita via Remote Play

ico-hd-vita

A tweet made by Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida revealed that Ico HD would be heading to the Vita. He first revealed a screenshot, showing the game running on a Vita (picture above), and then proceeded to talk about it.

“Sorry to tease you, I was play testing ICO HD Remote Play on PS Vita. We are almost ready with a patch. Beautiful on OLED. More info soon.”

Apparently, the game will receive a patch that enables it to be compatible with the Remote Play functionality available on the Playstation 3. This opens up a lot of possibilities for more games to appear on Sony’s powerful portable, and we’re eager to hear more about it.

Author: Christos Chatzisavvas View all posts by
Gaming lover, web developing graduate, founder and developer at Starblind Entertainment. Keep your eye out for news, reviews, previews and opinion articles, as well as game projects. Follow me on Twitter @CrashOkami.

8 Comments on "Ico HD heading to PS Vita via Remote Play"

1. TheGrimOfDeath September 3, 2012 at 9:44 am -

I just want remote play to be able to let me play all PS3 games on it. :D Also I want to sound to come out from the Vita not the TV XD

2. Christos Chatzisavvas September 3, 2012 at 9:51 am -

That would be great, both what you said. *Sensitive people look the other way now*
    I sometimes get my Vita when in the bathroom, and you know how you can forget about time going by in there (Gameboy/Pokemon days!), so actually having my Vita play everything I want from my PS3 would be a thumbs up from me!

3. Ghost250 September 3, 2012 at 10:54 am -

i think this is a good enough time to buy a vita.

4. TheGrimOfDeath September 3, 2012 at 11:08 am -

But the games are still really expensive here. I am still waiting for my allowance to buy MK for the Vita. :) And you guys are great for posting great stuff. I got 88 post karma on Reddit. XD And it’s still increasing!

5. Christos Chatzisavvas September 3, 2012 at 7:33 pm -

Haha, thanks for the rep buddy! :D

6. Joshua Tompkins September 3, 2012 at 7:47 pm -

Mortal kombat is amazing on vita. I picked up at GameStop a few weeks ago when it was on sale at GameStop for $10

7. nick September 4, 2012 at 6:00 am -

eh, whats the point?
    if you have access to your ps3 than you should have access to a screen to use it on.
    id be cool if you could play the games on the vita itself, but otherwise theres really no point.

8. TheGrimOfDeath September 4, 2012 at 7:36 am -

Joshua, 10$ just for MK on the Vita! Over here it’s priced at 45$ (169 SR). Man I wish video games were cheap like where you live.