Thirsty Conversations: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes – What Do You Think?

mgszeroes_

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has totally consumed the internet, leaving all other games begging for attention. I was in total awe of what I saw, but I’d like to hear what you guys think. So let’s talk – Do it here: The Official Games Thirst Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

Check out the extended PAX demo courtesy IGN – thanks, fer1.

12 Comments on "Thirsty Conversations: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes – What Do You Think?"

1. Christos Chatzisavvas September 2, 2012 at 5:12 pm -

What I think? I hope it’s out after I’ve served in the army, so I can enjoy it from its launch and lose myself in it.

2. Ernice Gilbert September 2, 2012 at 5:13 pm -

Haha. Great answer!

3. wicken September 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm -

What do I think? I am impressed for seeing a new Metal Gear Solid in the end of this console generation and I can say that my hype for GTA V is over so all my eyes are on this game. Bring it on Kojima!

4. Ernice Gilbert September 2, 2012 at 8:15 pm -

Bring it Kojima indeed. So you’re saying you’re no longer hyped for GTAV?

5. narwall14 September 2, 2012 at 11:34 pm -

gta v in my eyes will never die

6. wicken September 3, 2012 at 4:16 am -

That is correct Ernice, as long as Kojima keeps releasing details about this game I don’t see any reason for being hyped about GTA V. I mean I like GTA games but the MGS saga is still my favourite series and they just keep releasing pictures instead of a new gameplay video so yeah.

7. nick September 3, 2012 at 4:21 am -

mixed bag really.
    graphics were pretty disappointing especially considering its koji the team who always release cutting edge games!
    hell MGS4 still blows you away 4 years after release!
    plus considering its a all new engine…….
    ok its early footage, but still i was expecting ALLOT more!
    same goes with the cut scenes, i really thought they would of heard peoples complaints.
    but sadly looks like i was wrong!
    if your going to have a 30 minute cut scene at least transpire 30 minutes of storytelling!
    not 30 minutes of cut scenes just saying hello and goodbye!
    gets really annoying sitting through 10s of cut scenes 20 minutes long especially when every single one of them could of been half the time and still had the same effect!
    the gameplay and concept looks really cool though.
    timeline wise its really interesting, a sequel to peace walker but a prequel to MGS5.
    and, well, of course open world!
    so sadly its a bit of a mixed bag, some of the things you would expect and want from MGS are not there, and some of the things you would expect but not want from MGS are there.
    in short they need to shine up the graphics, come on this is suppose to be out in 2013 on a engine in development for 5 freaking years!
    by one of THE best most talented studios in the industry!
    shine up the graphics, fix the cut scenes, and bring on the gadgets!
    one thing i really missed from MGS4 was the gadgets, so i really hope there much more emphasized and relied on for this.

8. Ernice Gilbert September 3, 2012 at 7:07 am -

@Wicken: I understand.

9. Ernice Gilbert September 3, 2012 at 7:07 am -

@Nick: The visuals of this game are not that bad… I can’t see what you’re talking about.

10. nick September 3, 2012 at 8:56 am -

i never called them bad.

11. Ernice Gilbert September 3, 2012 at 9:04 am -

Okay cool, but you did say MGS4 looked better…. But I don’t see how.

12. nick September 4, 2012 at 8:25 am -

no i dident, i said to this day it still is one of the most impressive games out there!
    this does not show the 5 years of evolution and a new engine improvements you would expect is all.
    especially in the facial animation, heavy rain looked better in that department let alone beyond 2 souls!
    only a 2 year gap between heavy rain and beyond and thats showing a bigger leap in graphics than what this and MGS4 is in double that time!
    AND a new engine!