Minecraft (PC) Sells Over 7 Million Copies

minecraft-on-xbox-360-breaks-xbla-sales-record

It seems that Minecraft is not losing steam when it comes to sales.

Today, Daniel Kaplan, Mojang’s business development director, tweeted “More than 7 million minecraft (pc) copies sold! : )”. Minecraft’s PC sales in combination with the three million copies sold-and-counting on Xbox, shows that Mojang will undoubtedly have another successful year. In a recent interview with IT24, Mojang’s CEO, Carl Manneh, said that Mojang was well on their way to surpassing last year’s profits.

Thoughts on Mojang’s success? Comment below!

Author: Martin Zamora View all posts by
News editor for Games Thirst. I'm a PC and Xbox lover that's been playing games since I was four. I'm excited to be here! Check out my beta giveaway webpage for chances at various betas on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3: https://twitter.com/#!/Beta_Beast

6 Comments on "Minecraft (PC) Sells Over 7 Million Copies"

1. Christos Chatzisavvas August 14, 2012 at 4:43 am -

Believe it or not, still haven’t bought this, even though I want to, because of Notch’s attitude.

2. nick August 14, 2012 at 5:04 am -

unbelievable!
    ill never understand why this game is so popular!
    i mean yea it has great community support and a easy level editor, but i mean this is not exactly the first or only game to offer what it offers!

3. Martin Zamora August 14, 2012 at 5:21 am -

@Christos What’s wrong with his attitude?

4. Christos Chatzisavvas August 14, 2012 at 5:36 am -

I find him arrogant and I believe he should get off of his high horse. He’s constantly blaming everything on the media just because he can’t understand Twitter is not the place you talk your every little thought when you’re an acclaimed and famous developer. He blamed the media when we got that Psychonauts 2 bomb, for taking everything he says literally, really?

5. Martin Zamora August 14, 2012 at 5:49 am -

@Christos I honestly did not know any of that, I’m going to go look that up. I remember when he mentioned a sequel to Psychonauts, but I never followed up on everything that happened after he mentioned it.

6. Christos Chatzisavvas August 14, 2012 at 5:58 am -

Yup, he said he would support Schafer and was in talks with him, but then backtracked and said he wasn’t, his tweets are a complete mess. I’m waiting for the day he’ll learn not to post every single though on it.