Next Final Fantasy XIII game has entered development

final fantasy versus xiiinew

It was made known that there’s another game for the Final Fantasy XIII chapter coming our way. But now, it’s confirmed that the game will be revealed on September 1, during the “Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga: New Developments Presentation”, at the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary event in Shibuya.

In this week’s Famitsu magazine (via Andriasang), the game’s producer, Yoshinori Kitase, said that the project has just entered production, and there’s more information about it to come during the Anniversary event.

Is it “Versus” though? We can safely assume it is not. It entered development back in 2006, and if Kitase is to be believed, 2006 should not count as “recent”. Are you excited about the next chapter in Lightning’s saga? Sound off in the comments below!

Author: Christos Chatzisavvas View all posts by
Gaming lover, web developing graduate, founder of Starblind Entertainment dev team. Keep your eye out for news, reviews, previews and opinion articles, as well as game projects. Follow me on Twitter @CrashOkami.

7 Comments on "Next Final Fantasy XIII game has entered development"

1. rpatricky August 1, 2012 at 8:50 am -

I’ve only ever enjoyed FF VII. I just couldn’t get into the others.
    Oh, and welcome to Games Thirst, I’m a little late on that, but welcome just the same.

2. Christos Chatzisavvas August 1, 2012 at 9:02 am -

Haha, nevermind, better late than never! Thanks Patrick (I assume?), it’s nice to still be getting welcomed to the site!
    Regarding Final Fantasies, I’ve loved VIII, not so much VII (can’t understand how some have it as the Holy Grail of gaming), and I can’t stand XIII. The combat is good, but you get too many cutscenes and so little exploration, that you have no intention to keep playing to find more combat. It’s freaky.

3. rpatricky August 1, 2012 at 9:11 am -

It’s Ryan. Patrick is my middle name and the Y is initial for my last name. Ryan Patrick Y……
    Simple name to remember, for me

4. Ghost250 August 1, 2012 at 9:14 am -

Why? What The……. -_- F**K Square

5. foxton August 1, 2012 at 9:20 am -

whats the point? it will suck like all the rest since FF X surely they realise the only way they will make money is a remake of FFVII arguably the greatest game of all time

6. Christos Chatzisavvas August 1, 2012 at 9:42 am -

Oh well, Ryan* it is then :D
    Fox, they said a remake of VII would only happen if a new FF title topped it, in terms of quality and sales. So, I think I’ll be dead first before I see the remake.

7. nick August 2, 2012 at 5:04 am -

eh.
    i guess the rumours of FFXIII-3 are actually true.
    oh well, $E is just digging themselves deeper and deeper.
    by the time they finally wake up to themselves and start doing productions they need to be doing it will be too late!
    there already half way down to hell by now!