DICE posted new information regarding the upcoming Armored Kill DLC for Battlefield 3, as well as a bit of information on the recently-announced Battlefield 4.
More specifically, DICE says that Battlefield 4′s development will not affect the developer, which is commited to providing an excellent Battlefield 3 experience even post-End Game, the last known DLC for the game. Also, they said that you can get access to “the exclusive Battlefield 4 beta by pre-ordering Medal of Honor: Warfighter”, something we already knew, but hints at the beta being an exclusive privilege to those who pre-order EA’s other upcoming shooter.
There’s also a sweet video showcasing the biggest map in Battlefield history, the Bandar Desert. The video can be found below:
Regarding Armored Kill, DICE said that:
- Armored Kill will have 5 new drivable vehicles including mobile artillery, tank destroyers and ATVs
- There will be over 20 vehicle specific unlocks.
- Players will be able to spawn in and fire from the all-new gunship.
- We will be introducing the Tank Superiority game mode where tank pilots and infantry will have to use all their skills to control key points of the maps. More details to come!
- The console player cap will stay at 24 players. Players can expect to have a great time on these maps as we are custom tailoring the new Armored Kill maps with these parameters in mind.
The Armored Kill DLC is set to arrive this September, while Medal of Honor: Warfighter will come this October. Battlefield 4′s beta will start Fall 2013, so its release should be a month or two after the beta ends.