Christos Chatzisavvas Joins Games Thirst As News Editor, Game Developer

gamesthirstbold1

Christos Chatzisavvas, founder of Starblind Games has joined Games Thirst as Europe news editor and small games developer.

Chatzisavvas has a well-rounded background in the games industry. He has experience in actually game development and in the future will be working on browser-based games for Games Thirst Magic, a new venture that will see the creation of 2D and 3D games.

As mentioned earlier, Chatzisavvas is also the founder and editor-in-chief of Starblind Games. He’s well versed on the games industry, and will be not only a great addition to the team, but also a strategic partner. More on that later.

Chatzisavvas is currently working on a huge Resident Evil title, in the AAA template.

“I’ve drafted artists, musicians, and voice actors, all volunteering to take part in its creation. It’ll extend to around 20 solid hours of campaign, with 3 storylines that meet up at some point, and a whole bunch of characters and a well-thought plot to ensure variety and diversity in environments and characters.” Chatzisavvas is doing all of this on a small budget.

Starblind will now become a developer-focused website, and will soon include Games Thirst links and affiliate banners as we strengthen our partnership. We have a lot in store for the community.

Expect to start seeing some of his posts commencing today, and make him feel welcome!

Christos Chatzisavvas is based in Athens, Greece, in a small area within the city named Tavros. Contact him at [email protected]

• No Related Post

23 Comments on "Christos Chatzisavvas Joins Games Thirst As News Editor, Game Developer"

1. newyearnewrule July 25, 2012 at 8:36 am -

Wow! Welcome, sir! Looking forward to your work!

2. newyearnewrule July 25, 2012 at 8:37 am -

Here’s the question, then, are you affiliated with a particular console? Or do you cover everything from PSN to Steam? Just asking :D

3. Christos Chatzisavvas July 25, 2012 at 8:43 am -

Hey Ernice, really great introduction, I feel very special! I’d like to greet everyone here at GT, and ensure you that everything I do will be done from a gamer’s standpoint, and not an industry puppet who only cares for the monthly paycheck.

As Ernice very well stated, I’ve created a small game dev team (can’t call it company, at least yet), and we’re in the process of creating something huge! I’ll be serving as the team’s main programmer and designer, while also taking care of various 3D models and environments. The team is steadily growing, and now with Games Thirst, I’m sure we’ll see rapid increase in everything, from visitors to volunteers. I’m very pumped and excited to work as a game dev, and immediately grabbed the opportunity when Ernice presented it.

I’ll also be serving as a news editor, but I’ll also post long-winded reviews and previews, and sometimes, some articles based on a gaming trend, an anniversary, etc. Don’t let “long-winded” scare you though, I assure you that you’ll not be bored.

I’m also here to answer everything the community has to ask me. I’ll be constantly monitoring my GT e-mail, as well as the comments and all the articles, written by me or not.

Closing with, I’d like to point out the fact that GT has a very healthy community, one that I cannot wait to see grow immensely, following the unwritten rules of respect and the like. So, long comment-turned-post finished, and I’m eagerly awaiting to engage in discussions with everyone willing to!

4. Christos Chatzisavvas July 25, 2012 at 8:46 am -

Hello NYNR (short-hand, eh), thanks for the warm welcome!

I’m gaming on all consoles and a med-high tier PC, but my PS3 has the most playtime this generation, if that’s what you’re asking. I’m on Steam, Origin, PSN, XBL, Wii, and independent PC games like the upcoming RaiderZ, etc. I’m almost always accepted very early into betas, given my background and experience in all genres, something I’m glad most companies take into consideration and invite me to test and help improve their game with my feedback. So, be on the lookout for articles on not-so-public betas too ;)

5. Ernice Gilbert July 25, 2012 at 8:48 am -

Happy you’re on board!

6. newyearnewrule July 25, 2012 at 8:50 am -

And this is what I’m talking about! Great job, guys! Looking forward to your work!

7. benzo July 25, 2012 at 11:07 am -

Whats good Christos! Greeting and salutations! Welcome to the family sir. I’m a regular here on GT and cant wait to see what you have in store for us!

8. Christos Chatzisavvas July 25, 2012 at 11:15 am -

Hey Benzo, looking forward to doing my best to impress and satisfy you!

9. benzo July 25, 2012 at 11:34 am -

Already impressed that you learned how to spell your last name…thats a serious feat! Probably the coolest name I’ve hear/seen in a long time!

10. Ernice Gilbert July 25, 2012 at 11:39 am -

@Benzo: Agreed!

11. Christos Chatzisavvas July 25, 2012 at 11:48 am -

Ah come on you’ll make me blush! :P It’s pronounced “Hajisávas”, that’s the closest I can get in written form. Greek is a very confusingly structured language.

12. SHADOWBOXER July 25, 2012 at 12:52 pm -

Hey Christos big welcomes bro!!
    Cheers!

13. Christos Chatzisavvas July 25, 2012 at 1:09 pm -

Greets to you too Shadowboxer!

14. wicken July 25, 2012 at 1:44 pm -

Welcome aboard Christos Chatzisavvas.

15. Christos Chatzisavvas July 25, 2012 at 1:58 pm -

Hello Wicken, thanks dude :D

16. TheGrimOfDeath July 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm -

Great to see that this website is starting to expand! Waiting to see what articles you’re gonna write Christos Chatzisavvas!

17. Ghost250 July 25, 2012 at 4:57 pm -

welcome to GT man

18. Christos Chatzisavvas July 25, 2012 at 6:01 pm -

Hey there Grim and Ghost! Thanks for the support! I’ve also thought about something new regarding articles, will discuss it with Ernice tomorrow, I’m sure the idea won’t disappoint ;)

19. Stampylongnose July 25, 2012 at 7:22 pm -

Welcome to the team Christos. :)

20. Joshua Tompkins July 25, 2012 at 7:30 pm -

Welcome Christos. There is a great community here and I hope you enjoy it.

21. Mezzo July 25, 2012 at 7:48 pm -

Welcome Christos, good to have you on board. Looking forward to your work. =]

22. CaribbeanCLANK July 26, 2012 at 10:22 am -

Welcome to GT community Christos.

23. Christos Chatzisavvas July 26, 2012 at 10:36 am -

Hello there everyone, went to work and back to find 4 new people welcoming me :D Thanks for the great welcome, seeing all these good people makes me try harder to not disappoint them!