Sony’s confirmed that come tomorrow, a new PS3 firmware update will go live.
According to the firm, firmware update 4.2 will include time-off adjustments, a solution to the feature that enabled you to hear your own voice through the “Wireless Stereo Headset” when playing multiplayer modes. Said feature was added in firmware update 4.10. More inside.
Here’s the full list, as rumored by NeoGAF:
– Wireless Stereo Headset
– When the wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080) is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. Select [Sidetone] under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].
– Off: Disable microphone audio from the headset
– 1-5: Enable microphone audio from the headset
– Auto Off
- You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off. Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other
– Video/TV/Music/Photo – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
– Game/Other Features – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
– If you enabled [System Auto-Off] in system software prior to version 4.20, the selected time will be set for both [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [Game/Other Features].
– The default settings are [After 4 Hours] for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [After 1 Hour] for [Game/Other Features].
Save Game Selection
– Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.
– You cannot use [Copy Multiple] to select data that is copy-protected.
– Some saved data cannot be copied.
– The upper right corner of the screen displays: the number of saved data items that are selected, the total number of saved data items and the total file size of the saved data items that are selected.