Weekend Quencher 05/18/12 – Life Is Good, Edition

gamersweekendquencher

Games Thirst is about games, yes, but today I’d like to encourage you. It doesn’t matter what circumstance you may be facing at the moment, just remember in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. You will make it. True, things may be tough right now but with the dawn of a new day comes new waves of opportunities. So go crank up that old PS3, 360, Wii, Vita, 3DS, PC or whatever it is you play. Go make magic in Diablo III, or cause some Payne in Max Payne 3. MW3 is waiting on you and so is Battlefield 3. In other words, instead of worrying about your situation, an act that’s not going to help, keep yourself occupied by delving into your favorite pastime. See the pic up top? They’re waiting on you, ready to take on the world.

Be encouraged, life is good. It’s the weekend, friends, what’s the deal?

It’ll be a momentous one for me. I’ll be hosting a radio program for about two hours tomorrow, later that day I’ll be attending a meeting, and that same night it’s boys time out: shooting pool, talking rubbish, drinking mild things, etc.

That’s my deal, what’s yours? Enjoy it.

24 Comments on "Weekend Quencher 05/18/12 – Life Is Good, Edition"

1. SHADOWBOXER May 18, 2012 at 6:12 pm -

Whats the radio station about? , and for me nothing very special , just helping my fiance with her cooking business this weekend maybe catch a movie as wel, butl thats pretty much it, nothing very exciting.
    have a gudd one
    cheers.

2. Ernice Gilbert May 18, 2012 at 6:18 pm -

I’ll be helping a non-profit Radio station raise funds. And cooking with your girlfriend sounds like loads of fun!!! :D

3. benzo May 18, 2012 at 9:12 pm -

I’ll be working, attending a wedding, playing Starhawk, and Max Payne. So kinda busy for me!

4. SHADOWBOXER May 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm -

Nice, kool that your supporting , and yeah its fun at times , but gets f’n hot in kitchen sometimes, im living here with my fiance in mexico till shes done her final year of culinary arts, then finally move back to canada.

5. Ernice Gilbert May 18, 2012 at 11:12 pm -

@Benzo: Busy indeed. Enjoy it all!

6. Ernice Gilbert May 18, 2012 at 11:13 pm -

@Shadow: Cool stuff, man. So you’re from Canada? Your girlfriend, too? Man you must be eating great food!

7. linglingjr May 19, 2012 at 1:14 am -

Taking a 2 hour advanced writing placement test tomorrow morning so I an get some credits early, help more little kids at a track meet. Won’t have school Monday fo sho and maybe not for the next few weeks with teachers striking lol.

8. nick May 19, 2012 at 4:36 am -

work friend of mine had his wedding today so that took up most of the day.
    its going to be interesting that one thats for sure!
    kids got the patients of a 2 week old potato!
    if that makes any sense……..
    i think ill have a break tomorrow lounge around try finish MP3.
    im really disappointed by it so far.
    not a bad game, not by a long shot, but i was just expecting it to be SO much better!
    this is max freaking payne!
    the first 2 games had such awesome stories and such ground breaking gameplay.
    this just feels really outdated!
    its a shame that almost every game that spends 5 years in development ends up feeling so out dated!
    thats exactly how MP3 feels.
    it would of been freaking amazing if it had hit its original date of late 08, but for a 2012 title it feels seriously out of date!
    lacking ambition, the story really is not a highlight which is stupid MP has always been known for its noire storyline!
    gameplay gets really repetitive too, kill everyone in this room, move on, kill everyone in this room, move on, cut scene, kill everyone in this room, rinse and repeat.
    games got FAR too many cut scenes too, it really takes you out of the action!
    a shame really i had such high expectations for it!
    oh what i would give to see remedy back on max payne 4!

9. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 5:44 am -

@Linglingjr: That’s cool stuff, man. Keep helping the kids! That type of work lasts forever. They’ll never forget you.

10. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 5:46 am -

@Nick: Well that’s a shame. Thought Rockstar would have nailed this one. But at least it’s not a bad game, just not what you thought it would have been?

11. Ghost250 May 19, 2012 at 5:53 am -

well my weekend consisted of me beating Max Payne 3 and all i can say is that i freaking love that game easily the best out the series easily. right now its my GOTY currently. only problem i had with the game was the bugs, which some them i don’t know how R*didn’t catch those in QA but other than that amazing game. besides that i’ve been watching the NBA Playoffs as usual, how’d you like them pacers beating them floppers the miami heat ernice lol.

12. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 5:56 am -

@Ghost: Dude, I swear someone’s placed a black cat in LeBron and Wade’s locker! EVERY PLAYOFF THE SAME THING HAPPENS!!!! What the heck’s going on????? smh.. I’ve stopped watching. Can’t take it.

13. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 5:57 am -

And you and Nick tell tales of a different game, yet it’s the same Max Payne 3. To each his own, then. I”m confused. But I’m sure it’s a good game. It’s Rockstar.

14. Ghost250 May 19, 2012 at 5:59 am -

@Ernice man miami needs 2006 dwayne wade and cavaliers leBron to win this series cause right now the pacers have miami shut down, miami can even get into the paint anymore since chris bosh is injured, everytime they try to get into the paint pacers have that 7″2′ beast Roy Hibbert ready to do damage

15. Ghost250 May 19, 2012 at 6:00 am -

@Ernice Oh trust me Max Payne 3 is amazing definitely worth a pick up or at least a rental

16. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 6:03 am -

@Ghost: Bro, I’m already afraid, like I’ve lost hope for the HEAT all over again. This is Déjà vu and I’m so really disappointed. Oh well, we’ll see what happens on Sunday

17. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 6:03 am -

And on Max Payne 3: I’ll do exactly that. I’ll give it a rent initially.

18. Ghost250 May 19, 2012 at 6:07 am -

@Ernice i guarantee that if Miami doesn’t beat Indiana or win a title this year, Erick Spoletstra is gone, one of the big three will get traded, and pat reiley will come out of retirement to coach miami. i bet money that is what will happen.

19. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 6:15 am -

@Ghost: And I agree. And I think it’s Bosh who’ll have to leave. I HOPE this win this, man. It would be so embarrassing if they don’t. And you’d think they’d have Indiana under control!

20. ExclusivesMostly May 19, 2012 at 7:02 am -

The Heat has to bounce back. That’s my team.
    This weekend I’ll be going out with friends and I’ll finally get some more free time to game.

21. Dean Kent May 19, 2012 at 7:17 am -

West ham united are in the playoff final today so im gonna run my errands then watch my team kick ass

up the irons!!!!!!!

22. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 7:48 am -

@ExclusivesMostly: I’m hoping for the same. I hope they do! Enjoy your weekend! I miss the good ole days when we’d get online and play KZ3. We must game sometime.

23. Ernice Gilbert May 19, 2012 at 7:49 am -

@Kent: Haha! Enjoy it, then! I love me some football.

24. nick May 19, 2012 at 11:51 am -

its far too repetitive and predictable.
    i swear after playing the first 5 chapters i almost already know how the games going to end!
    they really needed to do more with bullet time too.
    i really thought it would be like stranglehold where theres heaps of environmental objects you can use like a table on wheels you can leap on and swing around the room.
    MP3 only has those in set pieces where the game wants you to do it.
    it just feels FAR too linear!
    almost like your watching a movie not playing a game.
    theres FAR too many cut scenes too.
    games normally have cut scenes just to tell the story, but this has cut scenes of max slowly waling around just to hide the loading screen.
    thats one thing that really bugs me it really takes you out of the game.
    its really fast paced your leaping around blowing things up, you get the excitement rushing than your forced into a slow stroll while max slowly crawls into the next room so it can load the next level.
    bullet time is the most disappointing though, MP was the inventor of it i really expected R* to come up with new cool ways to use it!
    the game just feels really out dated!
    as i said before it feels old, if it came out when it was originally scheduled to it would of been amazing!
    but as a 2012 game it just does not hold up!
    in comparison with other R* games, RDR and LA Noire crap all over this!
    the game just lacks ambition, for once a game that should of been your typical hollywood blockbuster has turned out to be a low budget B grade movie!
    its just not as flashy and exciting as i expected.
    feels very flat, very basic!