Medal Of Honor 2, New Need For Speed Coming This Year

medalofhonor_

UK retailer GAME tweeted earlier today that EA will release Medal Of Honor 2 and a new NFS title this year.

The tweet, that’s since been deleted, GAME said “EA presentation was great, had mentions of a new Medal of Honour and Need for Speed 13! EA have an exciting year ahead.”

None of this is surprising, but confirmation is always something we can appreciate. As for Medal Of Honor 2, it isn’t quite clear who’s behind the new title, but it’s been reported in the past that Danger Close, the developer of the first next-gen Medal of Honor has been hard at work on it.

This means no Battlefield 4 next year, and although that’s a good thing, we can’t see EA stealing market share from Call of Duty if the franchise isn’t annualized. What do you guys think?

Thanks, VG247.

14 Comments on "Medal Of Honor 2, New Need For Speed Coming This Year"

1. rpatricky January 12, 2012 at 3:38 pm -

I hope DICE doesn’t do the multi-player for the new MOH game. They need to focus on BF3 and beyond. If Danger Close can’t work out a decent MP then they shouldn’t even bother.
    I, for one, enjoyed the first MOH reboot but absolutely hated the fact that the MP was done by another company and didn’t even have the look or feel of the SP. That was a huge mistake and lead to the failure.

2. rpatricky January 12, 2012 at 3:41 pm -

Oh, and I don’t care that they don’t produce a BF game every year as long as they keep producing content for the current game.
    The COD series is too stale for me and I am certain that the next Treyarch game will sell like mad but still be what I am expecting.
    I will not be drinking the Kool-Aid this time.

3. Ernice Gilbert January 12, 2012 at 3:49 pm -

Ah, you know you will…. :D

4. Ernice Gilbert January 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm -

You’ll say: “Alright, I’ll give this a shot just one LAST time….. and then you’ll buy it… Tell me I’m lying….say it

5. rpatricky January 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm -

Care to wager on that? MW3 hasn’t even been in my PS3 in over a month.
    Not to say I won’t play it…. but lately I have been enjoying BF3. There is so much you can do.

6. Ernice Gilbert January 12, 2012 at 3:54 pm -

Alright, then. But let’s say Treyarch’s game is something COMPLETELY different from what everyone’s expecting….would you yet ignore it?

7. rpatricky January 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm -

How much different can they get? The series is tired. The only thing they can do is keep mashing perks and streaks with no innovation.
    What can they add to the game to make it that different? If they reintroduce tanks and add jets and helicopters….. I will stick with BF3.

8. Ernice Gilbert January 12, 2012 at 4:02 pm -

I think there’s a lot they can do to make things different… And like we’ve discussed, new engines should bring news enhancements, innovation.

9. rpatricky January 12, 2012 at 4:05 pm -

A new engine is not going to happen this year. Its going to be the BO2 that is little different from BO1 just like MW2 and MW3.
    On a different note… What ever happened to that game with the 4 misfits that ravaged a bunch of Nazis in a bar? I can not, for the life of me, remember what that was called..?

10. Ernice Gilbert January 12, 2012 at 4:06 pm -

Black Ops? LOL…you’re something else.

11. rpatricky January 12, 2012 at 4:07 pm -

Oh yeah. Brothers in Arms, Furious 4! I have not heard anything about that game in a while.

12. narwall14 January 13, 2012 at 1:40 am -

i hate it killed the brothers in arms story

13. os1019 January 13, 2012 at 2:53 pm -

Rabbit your death will not be in vain. Long Live Tier 1… Hopefully Danger Close can improve on the SP campaign of the reboot and crank out a MP experience that more people will enjoy.