First Look – Battlefield 3 Beta

See my first impressions of the Battlefield 3 Beta and over 10 minutes of glorious HD gameplay. You would be mad to miss this first look at the battlefield 3 beta.

Author: Joseph Garrett View all posts by
Hello. I am Joseph Garrett, lead Video Editor at Games Thirst. I am from the UK and am studying TV and Video production at Solent University in Southampton. I have always had a love for video games and am loving the opportunity to combine my love of video games with my passion for creating videos. Don't like my article? Let me know why and I will improve. Thanks, Joseph Garrett.
Please recommend Games Thirst on Facebook

9 Comments on "First Look – Battlefield 3 Beta"

1. MaXfReZa September 28, 2011 at 10:38 am -

Waste of time :-/

You leveled up and it felt like BLAH

You knifed someone (took dogtags) and it felt like BLAH

The audio was the only impressive thing. Great 1st look review.

2. Joshua Tompkins September 28, 2011 at 11:28 am -

I have to agree with you Maxfteza. It is just BLAH. I do not like what they did to the sniper and everything things else just feels like been there done that, and I think COD will feel the same way. The genre is just starting to get stale. BF3 might be better when we can use vehicles, but everything else is just BLAH. I will get it, but I am more excited for Uncharted 3 and I am loving Gears 3 (though I wish there were more maps).

3. Ernice Gilbert September 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm -

So I guess it’s just one big old BLAH! Sigh, this always happens.

4. MaXfReZa September 28, 2011 at 3:48 pm -

I know their goal is to get so realistic that you feel like you’re really there, but I play for the fun-factor. Knifing in MW1 was more satisfying. And don’t talk about when you leveled up, the COD Guitar Hero guy would never miss a note in letting you know you leveled up! Lol.

5. Ernice Gilbert September 28, 2011 at 3:52 pm -

haha! That’s true. I think the problem was the massive EA hype machine that set us up for the inevitable. There’s no way it could have lived up to expectations…..It’s certainly not a COD-killer, that’s for sure. I’m buying, but not as excited as I was tbh.

6. nick September 29, 2011 at 4:31 am -

i love sitting in the above pictured room and blowing peoples heads off with my shotgun!
    i was getting so pissed off last night, these pricks threw a spawn grenade in there so whenever someone on my team would spawn at the defenders spawn point they would just blow your head off with a sniper.
    eventually the spawn grenade wore off but the idiots kept sitting there so i kept racing up the staircase blowing their heads off.
    god i hate it when people just sit at your spawn camp and blow your head off the second you spawn!

7. Ernice Gilbert September 29, 2011 at 5:12 am -

They need to fix that. Can’t do that in KZ3, because when you spawn, for a little bit, nothing can touch you, giving you the ability to obliterate the campers.

8. nick September 29, 2011 at 10:28 am -

yea gets really annoying!
    they need a way to let the opposition destroy spawn grenades too.
    allot of people are throwing them at MCOM stations and it ends up being just one massive cluster fuck!
    you need to be able to destroy them or something, maybe give a certain class EMP grenades which disables them for a short period of time or something.

9. Ernice Gilbert September 29, 2011 at 3:18 pm -