Sony’s outlined on the PS Blog the next major firmware update for the PS3 console, and amongst other features, automatic updating will be introduced, allowing for automatic trophy sync and much more.
Details below the break.
The update will include:
– A new auto upload function for online save data back-up will be added to make it easier to back-up your game save data. Under (Game), select the game for which you want to automatically upload saved data, and then press the Triangle button.
- Trophies will now sync automatically at the timing of Auto Download.
– A new recommendation function will be added that enables you to share your recommendations for PlayStation Store items, such as games and videos, with PlayStation Network friends. You will be able to send messages with a store link from the product pages within the PlayStation Store.
– You’ll be able to find and download all of the video applications available on PS3 directly from this new XMB category.
– A folder labeled “My Channels” within this category will allow you to easily access your downloaded applications.
– Any videos downloaded from the PlayStation store will continue to be placed in the existing Video category on the XMB
For those of us who watch Blu-Ray movies on our PS3s, there’s updates pertaining to that too:
– 3D support will now be available when accessing Java-based special features on Blu-Ray
– DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) will be supported while playing Blu-ray 3D movies.
– 3D digital photos in MPO format can now be viewed in 3D on the XMB and in the Photo Gallery app.
Sony didn’t give a specific date as to when the update will be available, only saying “soon”.
More through here.