Bioware Hints At New IP In Latest EGM Magazine

by Ernice Gilbert on June 28th, 2011, under Development, Hot, News

There’s a in depth interview in the latest issue of EGM with the co-founders of Bioware, Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk (they are real life doctors), and in there, while speaking of how most games have some RPG elements in them, the two developers gave us some hints about what they’re working on.

“You never know what we’re making next,” said Zeschuk, adding a “maniacal laughter” at the end of his sentence. When the EGM interviewer said he couldn’t wait to put “maniacal laughter” in brackets, Muzyka added: “We haven’t announced all of our secrets”.

Bioware’s latest game, Mass Effect 3, will see a release March 7th 2012 for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

The latest EGM is in stores now, go grab yourself a copy.

1. Tue, 28th Jun 2011 at 11:38 am

I would love to see a military style Action RPG….SOCOM/Mass Effect kind of game. That would be cool.

2. Tue, 28th Jun 2011 at 12:05 pm

Yes it would be. I have no clue, but I already want it! haha.

3. Tue, 28th Jun 2011 at 2:38 pm

Someday my dream will come true and I will be able to start my own Game Studio. If it isn’t done yet I will make a game like this.

4. Tue, 28th Jun 2011 at 2:46 pm

Whoa, dude, didn’t know that’s what you wanted to do? We need to talk. Nick’s also in school to become a game dev. Cool stuff.

5. Tue, 28th Jun 2011 at 3:16 pm

Don’t get me wrong…I love my job but I have wanted to get into game development since I was very young. I work for my family business and was the only kid that took an interest in it. Unfortunately had to put my dreams on hold to help the folks out…I do not regret it but at 33 I feel that I may never get a chance to live my dream. We will see…life may surprise me.

6. Tue, 28th Jun 2011 at 3:38 pm

Indeed. Life is full of surprises. Believe that.

7. Wed, 29th Jun 2011 at 4:36 am

ok, we got the staff, now we need to settle on a location.
    hows the moon?
    i hear its lovely this time of year!

8. Wed, 29th Jun 2011 at 4:38 am

a spy espionage game would be the perfect game for them!
    wise sega would sell off the rights to EA so bioware could do alpha protocol 2!
    obsidian are working on it still, but i cant see them doing the series justice.

9. Wed, 29th Jun 2011 at 8:58 am

@Nick….that would be great. I would love to see BioWare take a crack at a game like Alpha Protocol.