Weekend Quencher 03/25/11 – A Growing Site, Edition

by Ernice Gilbert on March 25th, 2011, under Other Stuff

If something is well taken care of, it will grow. Look at flowers and how they blossom. Don’t you know it’s because they receive the right amount of water why their leaves are so welcoming? Think of a child. It’s born, and with adequate food it grows into, well, me and you – we were all once children natured by parents, but have grown into men and women (shout out to RabidPrincess!).

I’ve said all this eluding to Games Thirst, the site that you’ve made your home. Josh and I have great news for everyone: we’re making great progress and have added two indelible members to staff.

It’s the weekend, friends, what are you guys up to?

Introducing Joseph GarrettVideo Editor Of Games Thirst

You’ve probably already seen Joseph’s Homefront video review so you should have an idea what he’s about. He’s a film student, and we really appreciate what he brings to the team.

Video Thirst: Garrett’s Work

Joseph will be hosting a new weekly series on Games Thirst, so stay tuned for more details. He’ll also be bringing more video reviews, the next being Crysis 2 – Single and Multiplayer. Once again, it’s a pleasure to him you join us.

Introducing Dean KentAuthor Of Games Thirst

Just like Joseph, I’m sure you’ve seen the threads Kent’s posted, see one here and another here.

Kent will be handling news posts, game impressions, and hopefully attend some UK gaming events, bringing us full coverage. I really like Kent’s style of writing, and I think you will to. Once more, Welcome, Kent.

On the weekend front, I’ll be having at it in Killzone 3 on Saturday night with some of you guys (look out for the update), and probably check out Crysis 2.

Away from gaming, I’ll be hanging out with my wife, doing different things – dinner, movie etc. Saturday night we’ll be having a birthday party for my uncle, so that should be fun. There’s also some big news I’ll share with you next weekend.

Sunday’s church and in the aftenoon I’ll be hanging out with the extended family.

That’s my weekend, how’s yours shaping up?

1. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 2:48 am

my aunti came down for the weekend today, have not seen her in over 20 years!
    was a shock to see here, was nice though to catch up dont see half of the family anymore so id be nice to see that change.
    spent the morning with her, took her to the city had some lunch and a wonder around.
    then tonight going to the movies, really looking forward to seeing the mechanic have heard really good things about it.
    saw limitless last weekend, that was pretty good, but not for the light harted.
    gets pretty gory at times, made even better by trying to eat my lunch at the same time!
    finally finished my last program this arvo, so hopefully now i can start on 3D modeling and MAYA.
    always had a interest in animation so it will be interesting to see how its done.
    only bad thing i need to get a specialized tablet which are really expensive!
    oh well, finish this, then my physics engine module then ill finally be finished!
    god, im really starting to get sick of all this studying!
    feels like ive been doing it for 50 years!

2. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 3:13 am

ernice dude did you see this leaked picture of smoke, man dude i feel like punching ed boon in the face right now, i mean the hell were they thinking, he looks so gay, he looks like a rip off of don king.

3. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 5:37 am

@Nick – I know how it feels to have family over. Enjoy it.

4. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 5:37 am

Ghost, surely, this is NOT Smoke. IT can’t be….

5. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 5:55 am

A weekend of serving drinks in a pub i’m afraid. Not my ideal weekend, but it’s got to be done.

Also try and squeeze out the crysis review when i get the chance.

6. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 6:02 am

LOL – who’s pub is it? Family? Hey – you’ve gotta do what you must… And yeah, definitely looking foward to that Crysis 2 review!

7. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 6:32 am

nah it’s just a local pub down the road. Although my sister is the manager and my best mate also works there so it sometimes feels like it’s ours lol.

8. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 6:41 am

Well for me its Football. England play Wales today (Saturday) which i will probabaly watch. albeit over the screen of my laptop.
    Also try and keep everyone posted developments.
    Last night i spent keeping my little one amused with LBP2.
    But i have a three day weekend this week. So Monday is me and Mass Effect 2

9. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 6:49 am

@ Joseph – sounds cool… Make it worthwhile.

10. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 6:51 am

@Dean I love football! Think I’ll watch a game too… Looking forward to some posts from you!

11. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 7:08 am

Btw guys, I know you might have not a clue how to get a nice avatar for your profile. It’s pretty simple, really. Lear how through here: http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/08/21/site-update-get-your-profile-avatars/

12. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 10:17 am

was nice to catch up with her, dont have much family left really.
    only both of my fathers brothers family and nans thats about it, my mothers brother we dont see very often, he and my father worked together for a bit fell out and have not spoken since.
    NEVER work with family and friends, only ever ends in trouble!
    all the rest have either passed on or are still in Italy which is a shame.
    tis why we want to go over, especially since there getting really old my fathers nan is in her 90s and has never seen here before!
    just so expensive, i mean my uncle just got back a few months ago and it cost him and just him by himself 20 grand!
    4 each way in air fairs, then the rest on food and souvenirs.
    he stayed with the family, imagine how much more he would of spent if he had to pay for accommodation!
    thats the only bad thing about europe because its so popular the euro is not very strong, its about 50 cents per dollar, and everythings really expensive!

13. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 11:19 am

Wow. I hope you get a chance to meet up with them…

14. Sat, 26th Mar 2011 at 12:52 pm

i will be playing some homefront mp, and working on a couple of reviews. That is about it for me. I might do some homework.

15. Sun, 27th Mar 2011 at 12:15 am

Cool.. Looking forward to them!

16. Sun, 27th Mar 2011 at 12:20 am

the crysis 2 single player is fun. I am really enjoying it.

17. Sun, 27th Mar 2011 at 6:08 am

So I’ve heard. I’ll check it out.

18. Sun, 27th Mar 2011 at 8:05 am

just finished it tonight.
    what a ending!

19. Sun, 27th Mar 2011 at 8:53 am

Will try to check it out today.

20. Sun, 27th Mar 2011 at 10:23 am

I’m BACK!!!
    I had soooooo much fun in Jamaica. i’ve gotta go back sometime in the future.
    As for this weekend i’ll just be catching up on a lot of shows and playing whatever games i feel like. back to work on Monday.

21. Sun, 27th Mar 2011 at 1:48 pm

BOOM! We missed you here bro! Happy to hear you had a ball! Brought back some reggae?

22. Mon, 28th Mar 2011 at 5:08 am

Yep : )

23. Mon, 28th Mar 2011 at 5:25 am

That’s what I’m talking about! Really happy you had a blast…