Weekend Quencher 8/27/10

by Ernice Gilbert on August 27th, 2010, under Other Stuff

It’s Friday Games Thirst, you know what time it is. Time to share with your gaming family what you’re playing, doing, eating, drinking, and any functions you’re attending this weekend. Seriously, the weekend quencher affords for all the aforementioned and then some.

As for me, I’ll be checking out Joe Danger, from what I’ve heard, it’s truly a title to play. I’ll do that tomorrow. Tonight, however, I’ll be out to dinner with some friends, hoping the food’s good.

After Joe Danger tomorrow, I’ll be starting the Assassin’s Creed series all over again in preparation for Brotherhood.

And that’s it.

What about your guys? What do you plan on playing?

Share it, GT!

1. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 3:03 pm

Well I will be raiding the local comic book store to get some graphic novels for a few papers I am writing. I will also be getting the Walking Dead series so that I can read them before the TV series starts. The games I will be playing are Infamous, since I just got it and it is awesome, Uncharted 2, MAG and maybe some MLB 10 the Show along with some Mod Nation Racers. I will mostly be doing homework and playing Uncharted 2. Oh, How I loath school. That is my weekend.

2. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 3:05 pm

I was told to put that I will be cleaning the house as well for the Wife.

3. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 5:52 pm

Nice Weekend, man. I didn’t know you write for papers? Is it a school project, or do you get paid?

inFamous was awesome. It seems as if you’re stuffed with homework!

4. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 5:55 pm

What’s with the “cleaning the house for the wife” RedBull? Are you married?

if so, that’s good

5. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 5:56 pm

Where the hell is Nick and that game he’s making!

6. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:00 pm

@ Ernice
    It is for one of my classes, we are writing an article on anything pertaining to literature and my professor is going to read them and choose which will be published in the school newspaper.

7. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:03 pm

I almost forgot. Sole Survivor I am married and I am the lucky person who gets to clean the house and work on the yard all weekend.

8. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:03 pm

I’m be playing some UFC Undisputed 2010!

9. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:09 pm

Ah! RedBullGT33, you’re married, too! Much success for you and your spouse, bro!

Just keep loving each other

10. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:10 pm

As for the school project, much success with that!

Hope you pass it all.

11. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:17 pm

I am pretty sure I will do good on the project. I am going to procrastinate though so I can get some gaming in. I am a terrible student.

12. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:20 pm

lol, no you’re not. Nice to know we have another married man on GT…. Wonder about ExclusivesMostly…. I know Nick ain’t married, and the rest of the guys who don’t post often. This one guy, coffeewithgames who came around often in times past is married.

13. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:24 pm

I probably will procrastinate. Last semester I had a 20 page paper due and I did not start on it until midnight the night before it was due. I write better when I am in a hurry and under a lot of pressure.

14. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:26 pm

Oh yeah? Procrastinate, then. Your wife play games with you?

15. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:30 pm

Yeah, she plays every once in a while. She mostly plays halo 3 and battle field bad company 2 on the xbox. She is really good at halo.

16. Fri, 27th Aug 2010 at 6:39 pm

Now that’s a good wife. Cheers, bro.

17. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 3:12 am

spent the last 3 days trying to get my frigging computer working!
    first my new card stopped posting, so i tested it and turned out it was dead, so took it back got a new one than that one was overheating so i solved that and now im getting the bloody BSOD!
    god give me a break! i fix one thing i get another so i fix that i get another so i fix that i get another.
    im dying to get into mafia 2 but cant till i get this dam computer working!

18. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 6:48 am

So weekend’s pretty dull, then. You might need to boot up that 360 and get into some Alan Wake…

19. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 9:39 am

I haven’t played Uncharted 2 in months so I decided to give it a go (multiplayer) for old times sake. Man this game looks gorgeous. I mean I already knew this but I swear I got that wow factor just like when I first played it last year. Oh and thanks to PS+ I didn’t need to install any updates, I just jumped right into the game.

20. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 9:41 am

Oh and I’m not married btw.

21. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 9:44 am

About the married part, take your time.

And yes, I must agree, Uncharted 2 is just drop dead epic.

And that’s in every sense of the word. The game forced me to play the first all over again, recently. That’s how great it is.

22. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 9:48 am

By the way, I heard that now, there are about 5 women for every one man; Make the right decision when that time comes around.

Marriage is indeed a blessed and good thing ;

23. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 10:33 am

Indeed. I will in the future. It’s a tough though. I mean I thought my most recent ex was the one. Turns out she was only crazy, lol.

24. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 10:37 am

Ah, sorry to hear that man. I’ve had those experiences in the past, too.

Sometimes you think the person you’re presently with will be your wife, and then everything goes crazy and you’re left wondering: ‘what the hec just happend’?

Yeah, but when she comes, you’ll know.

Just ask RedBullGT33…lol

25. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 10:59 am

Lol. Yeah I know. I’m not worried.

26. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 11:10 am

speaking of exs you should see my bosses ex, so crazy she tried to kill herself!
    never forget that day,scared the crap out of me!

27. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 11:14 am

You serious? Why for? Your boss must be a good man….

28. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 11:39 am

@ nick: wow!

29. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 1:15 pm

@ExclusivesMostly and @Ernice
    I have only had one girlfriend and I got married to her, so I do not know the worries of the dating world. I guess I am pretty blessed. Also, I have an addiction to Uncharted 2. lol. ExclusivesMostly if you ever need someone to play with on Uncharted 2 just let me know, I play all the time. Just to let everyone know. If you want to add me on xbox or psn my gamercard is also my screen name RedBullGT33.

30. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 3:29 pm

Soon, I’ll get the GamesThirst Alliance Team going. You guys like that name? Share something better if you have. Hey RedBullGT33, man, you’re blessed indeed! What’s your tag, ExclusivesMostly?

31. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 4:07 pm

@Ernice
    Yeah that name sounds good.

32. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 4:19 pm

Okay, thanks.

33. Sat, 28th Aug 2010 at 9:08 pm

@ RedBullGT33: yeah! That’d be cool. I’m a little rusty though, lol. Oh and you are indeed fortunate to find the one on your first go.

@Ernice: mine is IAWIA (acronym for I am what I am). Oh and that name (GamesThirst Alliance) is ok with me.

34. Sun, 29th Aug 2010 at 8:53 am

nah my ex boss i should say was a prick!
    though, she was one messed up ………
    anyone sensitive stop reading here, this is quite disturbing!
    my ex boss broke up with her, so the next day we were in the city on our way to the next job and the crazy thing rings him up and says im in your apartment with the noose set up.
    she said ive got a shrine set up with heaps of pics of them, her kid, flowers candles and that if they cant be together in this life they will in the next.
    so my boss drove so freaking fast from the city to his place, i was crapping myself flying through traffic doing 140KMPH.
    on the way my boss rang his next door neighbour told him were the key was to open the door and get her out.
    than he called the cops, by the time we got there the cops were already there and had arrested her.
    i had a peek inside and i tell ya what she was not kidding!
    scary what people can do ay?
    ill never forget that day.
    sad thing is her kid is only 6 he never has seen his father and now his mothers in the loony bin so he rarely sees her too.

35. Sun, 29th Aug 2010 at 2:13 pm

Ja.

36. Sun, 29th Aug 2010 at 2:13 pm

Messed up, that.

37. Sun, 29th Aug 2010 at 2:14 pm

Nick dude, that’s a wild story. The things people will do for love.

Ja.

38. Sun, 29th Aug 2010 at 2:17 pm

I’ll be looking for your guys online, when you see my ID you’ll instantly know that it’s me : )

39. Sun, 29th Aug 2010 at 3:46 pm

What a story..

40. Mon, 30th Aug 2010 at 2:12 pm

I want to get a new wireless router, but I do not know which one I should get. Does anybody use a wireless router for gaming? if so, which do you use? I will have up to 3 computers 2 xbox’s and 1 ps3 online at one time and I need a router that can handle it. Any suggestions, the price does not matter.