Bioware To Announce New Games At E3

by Ernice Gilbert on January 28th, 2010, under Bioware

Bioware has been a busy studio lately, first releasing Dragon Age: Origins on PS3 and Xbox 360 and soon after Mass Effect 2 on Xbox, 360 but if you thought the studio would sit back and relax a bit, think again because the legendary team is hard at work on some major titles to be revealed at this year’s E3.

In a live chat with the Eurogamer community, Bioware co-founder Ray Muzyka said that it will be announcing new games at E3.

A question was posed by one of the community members asking the boss whether Bioware would be releasing any games at E3 he said “Yes!”

Muzyka didn’t make a mention of what games will be revealed however. And neither did he say if said titles were going to be mulitplatform or exclusives.

Speculation has been rampant, with some suggesting that at least one of those titles will be a Mass Effect 1 & 2 port to PS3. He did confirm earlier in the live chat that they’re working on titles for PS3 but didn’t make it clear whether those titles were the same ones which would be revealed at E3.

Interesting stuff!

Share with friends:
  • N4G
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Netvibes
  • RSS
  • del.icio.us

1. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 4:59 pm

Bioware is on a heck of a roll and I’m really excited to see what’s coming next. They did an unbelievable job with the Mass Effect franchise and I thought Dragon Age was a pretty good game too. Can’t wait to see what they are cooking up. Does anybody know when’s the date for E3 this year?

2. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 5:11 pm

E3’s June 15-17 this year :)
    and I’m excited bioware is no joke Im pretty sure mass effect 2 for ps3 is one of the e3 announcements. And I’m excited for a new ip.

3. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 5:16 pm

@mightymatt thanks i wasnt sure when date was can’t wait to see announcements at E3

• Fri, 29th Jan 2010 at 6:13 pm

Hey Matt, I’ll send you a private message ; )

4. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 5:24 pm

Your welcome I’m excited too! Hopefully a new twisted metal for ps3 and a release date for the last guardian. xD
    can’t wait to see what microsoft has up there sleeve to.

• Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 5:28 pm

And I’ll be there to live-blog all the latest breaking news, do some interviews, previews etc.

Looking forward to it!!!

• Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 6:15 pm

I was gonna ask if you guys were going now I know you are and I will definetly be checking in with you to see how it’s going and what is being presented. And @MightyMatt I so hope they are releasing another twisted metal I loved that game back in the day it was awesome. Can’t wait to hear what comes from E3

5. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 5:59 pm

Ernice take me with you! Lol! I’ve always wanted to go to e3 I
    live right by LA so close yet so far away. One day it’ll be open to the general public…. Well hopefully.

• Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 6:58 pm

It’ll be my first E3 guys, so I’m definitely looking forward to it.. ; )

You can come, if you have cash….

6. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 7:11 pm

lol how much cash are we talking! I’m listening….. :p

7. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 7:42 pm

That’s according to where you live man, I’m booking Games Thirst Media space and looking for a good hotel so…

You’ll have the media pass with me but you’ll have to pay your way…

8. Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 10:20 pm

I live in Bakersfield it’s a 2 hour drive from LA I’d gladly pay my way!!!

• Thu, 28th Jan 2010 at 10:53 pm

Bakersfield Holla I wish I was in CA right now instead Im in Pittsburgh shoveling the snow in my driveway and its 15 degrees it’s really fun lol but yeah dude you are in the prime spot for gaming Southern California is a mecca for the gaming industry and I might eventually have to move out there if I do end up getting a job at a developer out there but those are big ifs and there are some devs in New York City and Canada so I’m gonna have to apply everywhere.

9. Fri, 29th Jan 2010 at 12:33 pm

It’s 99% likely they will announce the PS3 version of Mass Effect 1 and 2. It’s also likely that Mass Effect 3 will launch simultaneously on PS3 and 360, instead of being another 360 timed – exclusive like the GTA downloadable content was.

I’ll be looking forward to whatever their new IP announcement is as well.

10. Fri, 29th Jan 2010 at 12:51 pm

E3 sounds good already enjoy it ernice and mightymatt it would be cool if you could go

11. Fri, 29th Jan 2010 at 1:17 pm